Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
mynicknameisken

Tanara Guitar what model is it?

My mom's friend just gave me a Tanara guitar. It is red and has 3 knobs (Well one fell off, but not the point) and needs to be repaired. I was wondering what model it was to see if it was worth the money to repair. Also I need help seeing if it is a good guitar or not. I'm a first year beginner and don't know much about guitars. Any info on this would be appreciated and I can try to give you as much as I know as well. Also it is missing the nut (Holds strings in place), a peg, and some of the stuff near the bridge that also holds the strings (Has screws and such). You can see the pictures on my profile (Since I'm having trouble uploading a clear image of it onto this forum.)
mynicknameisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
pandaburger19

I've never heard of a tanara guitar before, and my guess is you won't find much information on them . You're missing 4 saddles at the bridge, a whammy bar, and the nut, it most likely will need a setup and new strings. At the luthier shop I work at we'd probably charge 50 or 60 bucks (20 for labor and thirty for parts).
pandaburger19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
ryanbwags

I agree. These are not huge issues. As long as the pickups work, you should be fine. If you have access to an amplifier, plug it in. Touch the pickups with a screwdriver and see if you hear a click or a thump. A good quick check. I have a dirty old Sears strat from the 70's that plays like a dream now. Upgrading and fixing it was awesome. If you do it yourself, you will learn a little more about the instrument. Plenty of how to's on youtube.
ryanbwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
FreddyFrausto
Banned

lol! whats this tanara guitar all about never heard of it before anytime in my life.......
FreddyFrausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
mynicknameisken

Replies to other replies

lol idk, my friends mom just came out of nowhere with it. The pickups do work so everything should be okay from here on out. I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it. Or if it should be worth it. Thanks for the replies.
mynicknameisken is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: