Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Big_Easy

Comments on rejections?

Hi!
Considering the many "Why is my tab rejected?" questions, I think it should be obligatory to comment ALL rejections. That is, rejections should not be accepted unless a comment explains it.
Big_Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Uhh... It is like that already.
Also, this is more of a site suggestion, so this would belong in the suggestions forum.

But sometimes, denial reasons are made regardless of actual accuracy of tab, or might not be the reason at all.
Someone is wrong on the internet....

I have to take care of this.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Big_Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Uhh... It is like that already.
Also, this is more of a site suggestion, so this would belong in the suggestions forum.

But sometimes, denial reasons are made regardless of actual accuracy of tab, or might not be the reason at all.

Ok, so how come my rejected tab doesn't have any comments except the standard automated letter telling me absolutely nothing? =)
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Just for clarification, you are checking in the right page, right? You're clicking the link to the denied tab under My Contributions, correct?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Joshua Garcia
Oops

I feel I should also mention that user votes themselves don't approve or deny a tab. That's the tab moderators duty.

So if nobody voted, and a tab moderator denied it, you wouldn't get any comments explaining why. At least I believe so.

Hence, the 'WTF? Where is my tab?!?!' thread, so you can speak directly to a moderator about it.

But yes. Voting to deny a tab has always required a comment explaining why, and still is.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-12-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Big_Easy

Quote:
Just for clarification, you are checking in the right page, right? You're clicking the link to the denied tab under My Contributions, correct?

Yes, but clicking the tab there just opens my tab in "Notes" exactly as I wrote it. No comments, nothing. I just get an e-mail saying that it has been rejected and some possible reasons, none applicable to my tab (the way I see it).
Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Big_Easy

Quote:
So if nobody voted, and a tab moderator denied it, you wouldn't get any comments explaining why. At least I believe so.

Hence, the 'WTF? Where is my tab?!?!' thread, so you can speak directly to a moderator about it.

But yes. Voting to deny a tab has always required a comment explaining why, and still is.

1. Then a moderator has denied it since the rejection(s) have been made within hours of me posting it, and in that case the suggestion is moderators as well have to leave a brief comment to a rejection, removing at least 90% of the posts in the thread "WTF..."

2. How do I get in contact with the moderator rejecting my tab when I don't know who rejected it? =)
Old 07-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Ahhhh. I think I know what's happening. By notes, you mean Notepad right?
If so, then you are caught in e same glitch I had been getting for a while. I made a thread on it a while back over here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1595667

You might want to read over it and see if its the same thing, just to be sure. If it is, then just go ahead and tell them its happening to you in that thread.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Easy
1. Then a moderator has denied it since the rejection(s) have been made within hours of me posting it, and in that case the suggestion is moderators as well have to leave a brief comment to a rejection, removing at least 90% of the posts in the thread "WTF..."

2. How do I get in contact with the moderator rejecting my tab when I don't know who rejected it? =)

Well, if you think they're the ones that denied it then just leave a comment in the wtf thread. A mod runs that thread and goes through everything.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-12-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
Big_Easy

Quote:
Ahhhh. I think I know what's happening. By notes, you mean Notepad right?
If so, then you are caught in e same glitch I had been getting for a while. I made a thread on it a while back over here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1595667

You might want to read over it and see if its the same thing, just to be sure. If it is, then just go ahead and tell them its happening to you in that thread.

It's "Anteckningar" in Swedish, so I took a guess at "Notes", but yes, it's "Notepad". =)

I'll check the thread to see if I fit the profile on this one. Thx.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
ruker
the iconflict

You can see the exact reason(s) for your tabs denial ONLY if you have trusted tabber access. Trusted tabber = having at least 50 tabs with at least a 4 average tab rating.

Don't really understand that, seems like everyone with an account should be able to see why their tabs are rejected, as the people with few tabs will likely have far more denials than those that have 50+ 5-star tabs.

BTW, I've had this one tab get denied 4 times now within 12-24 hours of submission... never do I see it with any votes. (And I know every basic, and less common reasoning for rejection, and none of them are the problem) Yet other tabs I'm submitting at the same time get accepted no problem. And I don't even get "Your tab was rejected" emails anymore, just for the ones that get accepted... weird.

Last edited by ruker : 07-12-2013 at 07:12 PM.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruker
You can see the exact reason(s) for your tabs denial ONLY if you have trusted tabber access.
Huh? Are you talking about the moderator's denial reason? Because anyone with even one tab can definitely read user's denial reason (only after it's been denied though). I read the user's denial reason for one of my tabs this one time and I hadn't even reached 10 tabs then.

Heck, all you would really need is 3 tabs to have access to the TPA page and you can read them there before it even gets posted.

Quote:
Trusted tabber = having at least 50 tabs with at least a 4 average tab rating
I'm not sure how reliable that information is. I have more than 100 tabs, almost all rated fairly high and I'm not a trusted tabber. At least as far as I know. But then again, with soo many tabs, maybe it's not a 4 average rating.

Quote:
BTW, I've had this one tab get denied 4 times now within 12-24 hours of submission... never do I see it with any votes. (And I know every basic, and less common reasoning for rejection, and none of them are the problem) Yet other tabs I'm submitting at the same time get accepted no problem. And I don't even get "Your tab was rejected" emails anymore, just for the ones that get accepted... weird.
This is what I'm talking about though. I don't think any user can see the reasons a tab moderator denies a tab. That's why these are to be discussed in the wtf thread. But every user can read another user's vote if its been denied, or once they have access to the TPA page. User votes don't do anything except help a tab moderator make a decision to keep the tab, though. See, it works like this:

User's votes on the TPA page -> Tab moderator's votes -> Tab admins -> Approve/reject

^ Taken from here. Or maybe it's the tab admins. I don't really know. But I do know user's are able to see other user's votes.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Huh? Are you talking about the moderator's denial reason? Because anyone with even one tab can definitely read user's denial reason (only after it's been denied though). I read the user's denial reason for one of my tabs this one time and I hadn't even reached 10 tabs then.

Heck, all you would really need is 3 tabs to have access to the TPA page and you can read them there before it even gets posted.

No. I'm talking when your tab gets denied, in the email notification, which ever user(s) voted to reject your tab, their reason(s) for rejection show up there. Without trusted tabber access, all you see are the basic reasons as to why your tab may have been rejected. At least someone with trusted tabber access told me that in another thread where someone was complaining about the basic reasons in the email notifications.

I understand how the TPA works, I just don't want to have to check my tabs in the queue every 30 mins, in hopes that I catch a possible reason for rejection before the tab is removed. Which I've tried to do that in the past, and I still wasn't quick enough.

And unless I want to just get my tab on the site without ever getting an explanation as to why it was rejected before, the WTF thread has been useless to me. Which is why I want trusted tabber access, if it's true that they get to see users' reasons for voting to reject in the email notifications.... that would be far more helpful than "Re-submit and post back here with the TPA link".

EDIT: You'll know you have trusted tabber access, if when you vote/comment on a tab in the TPA, it will say trusted tabber next to your name in the comments section. And anyone else that votes/comments on a tab in the queue, you'll see their actual username, not just "someone".

Last edited by ruker : 07-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Ok I know what you mean now, and it's still not true. If a user voted to deny it and it gets denied, the email will show the reason as to why the user (or users) denied it directly under the common reasons. I remember that as clear as day.

And I thought so about the trusted tabber. I'm not one, and I remember reading a users denial reason inside the email. It said something like,

The following comments were left on your tab: (or something like that)

-Comment 1

-Comment 2 (etc.)

Maybe he was talking about the usernames themselves? I remember reading a bit about that feature one time.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
And I thought so about the trusted tabber. I'm not one, and I remember reading a users denial reason inside the email. It said something like,

The following comments were left on your tab: (or something like that)

-Comment 1

-Comment 2 (etc.)

Yeah, I've never seen that. It only says "Your tab may have been rejected for the following reasons:" then goes on to list about 4 things that don't apply to my tab being rejected. I've got the formatting down, I don't tab songs with multiple tabs, I tab the entire song, etc...

So I'm guessing if I'm not seeing those reasons from the TPA page in the email notification, I should assume it's a tab moderator denying the tab?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #15
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Probably. I'm not 100% sure you can't read a mods denial, or if they even make one. But I do know they will always tell you the direct reason in the wtf thread.

I feel I should also mention that in that glitch thread I posted, when I got the rejection email, I still got the "The following comments were posted" thing, but it was completely blank after that.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-14-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Probably. I'm not 100% sure you can't read a mods denial, or if they even make one. But I do know they will always tell you the direct reason in the wtf thread.

That's so weird though, because I've had about 10 tabs that were rejected (some multiple times) uploaded to the site through that thread. And I've never had emad tell me anything other than "Re-submit and post back with the TPA link."
Old 07-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
rmk811

Where is the WTF thread? I can't find it. I, also, think SOME explanation is due a rejected tab. If a poster spends 30 min tabbing, he should be entitled to a 15 second email explaining rejection.
rmk811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk811
Where is the WTF thread? I can't find it. I, also, think SOME explanation is due a rejected tab. If a poster spends 30 min tabbing, he should be entitled to a 15 second email explaining rejection.

It's under the UG Contribution forum.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=816400

Old 07-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #19
Big_Easy

Quote:
But I do know they will always tell you the direct reason in the wtf thread.

Does this occur after they delete your entries a couple of times and rejects your tab some more times without comments? Good, because then an explanation should be on the way any time now...
Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #20
Big_Easy

Quote:
But I do know they will always tell you the direct reason in the wtf thread.

3 tabs now approved, but explanations are still missing...

1 tab is still pending, and the comment on that one was the band lacked a home page so was therefor "unsigned" even though they have sold at least gold here in Sweden (provided links to Wiki, Itunes, Spotify etc and thought that would be more than enough to show the band is far from unknown or unsigned).

Ok, have that "weird" rule then, but how hard can it be on the first rejection just to write "File under Misc Unsigned"? It would have saved me plenty of time and frustration, and the moderator wouldn't have needed to reject it 4 more times for the same reason and then finally post a short comment in the WTF-thread, check the tab yet again before finally approving it. Surely that is a waste of his/her time as well?

Rate This Thread: