Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
trippingiraffe

Satriani inspired rock song

I'm a big Satriani fan, and while I can't shred like him, I like to write songs in a style similar to his. Let me know what you guys think, whether it's about the song itself, the recording, the gear, or whatever. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/pfran26/stepping-outside
trippingiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
JohnyToms

I don't know if that sounds like Satriani cause I don't listen to his music, but it's pretty cool for me personally. And one thing, don't try to do something exactly like your idol does, just get inspired doing it in your own way.
But, anyway, good job, I was pleased even though I'm not into instrumental songs.
JohnyToms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
aaron aardvark

trippingiraffe,
I'm 6'-3", and the Mexicans (at a place I worked at) called me (when I was more skinny) giraffa (or however you spell it in Spanish). Anyway, I'm not sure this reminds me of Satriani that much (maybe a little bit), but that's OK, it is a pleasant song. Sounds upbeat. Drums are little loud, but otherwise OK. Guitar playing is good overall. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1609249
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: