Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Songwriting & Lyrics > Songwriting & Lyrics Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
UFC on VHS
Megadeth>Metallica

Every write a song that sounds so familiar?

It seems everytime I write a song it just seems so familiar? Sometimes I find that I am kinda ripping off a song others I just can't seem to think of a song it sounds like but somehow I always feel like I'm stealing something,

Have you ever wrote a catchy song and just said to yourself "this just sounds to good I must he ripping someone off"?

Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
UFC on VHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
Phazon
Human

This is extremely common bro. It happens a lot. Yes It's annoying. And yes you eventually sorta get over that.
Phazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris

Dude don't even fret about it, if it'svsomethin good and you feel that the work is yours, then it shouldn't be too bad a problem. If it really sounds like a clone of somebody elses song, add some personal flare to it

Rate This Thread: