Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
crazycory94
i like potatoes

Question Crit my Singing

Hi, there is an mp3 on my profile that feautures me playing and singing 3 songs (Hallelujah, Alibi, Drops of Jupiter). They are all easy to play and sing so thats what i did.

So if you don't mind listening to it and letting me know what you think of my voice. Specifically the tone of it... i feel like my voice is ear piercing at some points (like its too trebly... idk).

Let me know what you think, and if I have potential or should keep my mouth closed forever

ps- sorry if i messed up some of the lyrics

Check me out on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazycory11

PSN: mouseboy94
crazycory94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
charwilko100

i think you have potential you have quite a nice voice but theres room for improvement you need to try and hold some of your notes longer and you need to practice your singing more and put alot of work in if you would like to be a great or professional singer also i suggest either getting lessons. overall you just need to practice practice practice put in alot of work and i think you will be a very good singer.
charwilko100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycory94
Hi, there is an mp3 on my profile that feautures me playing and singing 3 songs (Hallelujah, Alibi, Drops of Jupiter). They are all easy to play and sing so thats what i did.

So if you don't mind listening to it and letting me know what you think of my voice. Specifically the tone of it... i feel like my voice is ear piercing at some points (like its too trebly... idk).

Let me know what you think, and if I have potential or should keep my mouth closed forever

ps- sorry if i messed up some of the lyrics

I only listened to Hallelujah but it was pretty good, I liked your voice.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
HotspurJr

I think you need to spend some time working on hitting the center of your notes, and less time working on embellishing it and giving it character.

I think you've got a solid foundation here, but you sound like you're trying to emote. Let the music do the work for you!

(The second song was better than the first by this measure. DoJ is a little all over the map - sometimes good, sometimes not, in this way).

You will NATURALLY emote in a way that is unique to you when you just let yourself sing the notes, so stop trying. There are times when maybe it sounds like you're not really opening your mouth all the way - there are some notes where it sounds like you open your mouth halfway through - but this may be a misguided attempt to sound like these other singers.

Sounds like you're struggling a little bit keep up with the rhythm in "drops of jupiter" when the words come really fast.

But the real issue here is getting out of the way of the notes. Don't try to emote - it's going to come on its own. Spend some time focusing on making sure you're hitting the center of each note, the center of each vowel sound.
HotspurJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: