Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
sw4l

new rocksmith

i was wondering if anyone has seen glimpses of the new rocksmith 2014? i was browsing when i put rocksmith back on my computer and seen a new session mode which is basically a jam with 4 A.I instruments and it has all the good notes on screen. from what i seen so far it is a big step of from the older version. what are you guys opinion on rocksmith?

i know when i first started playing and got rocksmith it taught me nothing but bad habits but i learned how to play a few songs thats about it. hopefully the newest one will be a learning tool not just an advanced guitar hero game. opinions?

sw4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Darkdevil725
UG Freak

I'm excited for it. I am a big fan of the original and its actually helped me improve my playing more than anything else has. I'm planning to buy 2014 when it releases. Especially since its going to have more metal and hard rock on it than the current rocksmith did on release.

My site for helping those with a low budget find good gear.
Best Budget Guitarist
Also my bad youtube channel.
Guess That Riff
Darkdevil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Kamikaze1014
frothy beer is good beer

What bad habits did you pick up from the game? I didn't expect it to be a true teaching tool, but it's good for building a sense of rhythm.

I didn't play the game for very long I'm afraid, as most of the lessons were too basic for me. I think I had just hit my 2 year anniversary when I bought it. It was a curiosity thing.
Kamikaze1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
sw4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze1014
What bad habits did you pick up from the game? I didn't expect it to be a true teaching tool, but it's good for building a sense of rhythm.

I didn't play the game for very long I'm afraid, as most of the lessons were too basic for me. I think I had just hit my 2 year anniversary when I bought it. It was a curiosity thing.

well it wasn't directly the cause but i played with alot of tension trying to play songs i wasnt skilled enough for but after sorting my tension issue out and playing now i can pick up the songs more quickly.

i agree on the lesson thing but the new session mode looks mighty handing learning how to improvise.
sw4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Kamikaze1014
frothy beer is good beer

Playing with too much tension plagued me for a while as well. I spent the entirety of last year trying to break it, and now I've gotten to a point where I'm 100% satisfied with my skill level and technique, which is something I never thought would happen.

Last edited by Kamikaze1014 : 08-04-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Kamikaze1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Darkdevil725
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw4l
well it wasn't directly the cause but i played with alot of tension trying to play songs i wasnt skilled enough for but after sorting my tension issue out and playing now i can pick up the songs more quickly.

i agree on the lesson thing but the new session mode looks mighty handing learning how to improvise.

I'm having similar issues. I try to keep myself reminded to loosen up when I play.

My site for helping those with a low budget find good gear.
Best Budget Guitarist
Also my bad youtube channel.
Guess That Riff
Darkdevil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
greenwgreg
Rhythm Guitarist

I am very excited for the 2014 version. I have owned the original RS for PC since last fall, I love it. What I started to realize recently is that it has me playing all over the neck and out of my comfort zone (a good thing) with all of the different songs they give you for the events. That has gotten me a lot more confortable playing in different positions. I just wish the single note lines had the letter for the note somewhere, that would be a good tool to learn what you are playing.
GFS Chorus
DS-1
greenwgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
burcuozdereli

I have the 2014 version... It's quite fun, the song selection could be a bit more "metal". It's very useful for a beginner too.
burcuozdereli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
Doombreed

I've picked up the 2014 version too. Never played the original. Having a lot of fun with it so far and I'm finding that I have a guitar in my hands more often than before. That can only be a good thing imo...

Rate This Thread: