Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Drapte

Angry God GP6 Sucks

I just hate GP6 so much. Everything about it absolutely sucks.

QQ "It has advanced capo features" "RSE is wayyyyy better" "It runs more smoothly"

In my opinion that doesn't mean a thing when IT'S A ****ING PILE OF SHIT

Need to vent my hatred on the whole issue.

Every comment = a minute in silence for GP5.2

Thankyou
Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Jacques-Henri

I agree, I'm so glad I never upgraded from the beloved GP5.2. Everything about it was so unintuitive in the demo, I never even bothered to switch to the full GP6!
Jacques-Henri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Aside from some notation marker additions and a nicer interface, not really much point upgrading from 5 to 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Zaqq

Quote:
Everything about it was so unintuitive in the demo

I think the same thing about GP5 (I use GP6).

What's so bad in GP6? There are no real glitches or bugs (I know only 1 or 2 small bugs). It's interface is really comfortable for me. RSE sounds really great if you set it up correctly.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

TuxGuitar will rule the world anyway.
Kafiolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Leftfordead86

Your opinion is most probably down to your inability to use the software properly and not knowing how to properly notate things.
Leftfordead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
triface
Drenched in Syrup

I found the new speed trainer a little harder to access. I have no idea why because I just checked and it's only in a different spot.

I think that it's pretty good, but the new interface takes some getting used to.

Member of the 7-String/ERG Legion
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

The RSE sounds a little bit better, but it's still not worth using over midi. It's just overly cluttered and bad on the eyes. Totally not worth it.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"

It's way too bloated for it's own good. I still use GP5 like a boss.

show
jthm_guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Ometh
nobody

I have GP6 and GP5 and i rarely use GP6 lol. The interface is just way too messy and I don't like some of the changes they made. Removing the F10 thing where you could change instruments was a big mistake.
Nowadays if I want to use RSE2 engine I just write the song on GP5 and then import it on GP6.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
Drapte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftfordead86
Your opinion is most probably down to your inability to use the software properly and not knowing how to properly notate things.

Actually my opinion was formed by the way your grandmother used to moan while I banged her to the sound of "Drum Kit 16"
Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte
Actually my opinion was formed by the way your grandmother used to moan while I banged her to the sound of "Drum Kit 16"

Quote:
Eip pls
Old 08-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:

Yea, pretty much.
It's an improved version. It's not gonna work as a DAW but it's the best software available.
It's the same with every other thing people don't want to adapt to, like when Windows 2000 came out people were like "OMG Win2K sucks, 98 is so much better", and when XP came out "XP sucks, I'm sticking to Win2K".

There are no arguments to back up that 5.2 is superior because it just isn't. You want midi sounds (lol), press F2.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
Leftfordead86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte

See, it's funny Drapte, I new you were going to say something like that, because your mum told me you were. Ya see, whilst she was bent over whilst I too where banging her to the sound of drum kit 16, she turned her head round to me and said, 'You better watch out for my son, he can be a bit of a lippy prat at times'. Or at least I think she was speaking to me, but I wasn't the only one there..................plus she had her mouth full.
Leftfordead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
thf24

Quote:

I second this. For most people, change=bad and that's that, case closed. I like GP6 much better than 5.
thf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
MobiuZ

Quote:

this x 1000

i dont understand why people come to cry here on the forum about something they think isnt working the way its supposed to.

either use GP5 and stop being a whiny bitch , or learn how to use GP6 and stop being a whiny bitch
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
nikolazjalic

feels like second grade again...

Quote:

There's some truth in this. I can admit that I can't be bothered to learn the nuances of the new software as I find tabbing in gp5 a bit slow already. I'd switch to recording in a heartbeat if my laptop wasn't so crappy. Still, there's just something about playing through a fully tabbed song in midi though...

I personally hate gp6 and prefer 5.2 over it any day. The changes were a bit redundant and the drum editor isn't as good imo. Kind of a pointless thread though, not gonna change anyone's opinion; different people are comfortable using different things.
nikolazjalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

I had no issues what so ever with GP6.

Interface, accessibility and such were fine. The RSE and plethora of FX were fantastic.

My only issue was the drum interface, it was easier to write drums in GP5.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #19
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Tux is my preferred choice, simply cuz when its basic MIDI, doesn't matter what it sounds like, but can it be programmed right? Which is where Tux wins for me.

Tux is much easier to use, and from experience with GP5, more stable if less compatible with similar programs. The few advantages GP has over tux: More notation markers (like rfz and other things), more sound sculpting options (built in EQ, but personally don't care about it), the F10 function is nice if you need to show off and the program actually gets updated every so often. But in other areas? GP is sluggish, it can't handle tracks longer than 20 mins very well (if going by T and C collabs), the way you have to fill up measures with rests and notes is time consuming and annoyingly fiddly, the main writing space is quite cramped and difficult to follow at times and it seems based on sounding and looking nice rather than doing its job properly, like a Sales Rep for a car company, plus it also eats up ram despite Tux needing no more than a few MB's.

Quote:
Eip pls

Last edited by EpiExplorer : 08-06-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Tux is my preferred choice, simply cuz when its basic MIDI, doesn't matter what it sounds like, but can it be programmed right? Which is where Tux wins for me.

Tux is much easier to use, and from experience with GP5, more stable if less compatible with similar programs. The few advantages GP has over tux: More notation markers (like rfz and other things), more sound sculpting options (built in EQ, but personally don't care about it), the F10 function is nice if you need to show off and the program actually gets updated every so often. But in other areas? GP is sluggish, it can't handle tracks longer than 20 mins very well (if going by T and C collabs), the way you have to fill up measures with rests and notes is time consuming and annoyingly fiddly, the main writing space is quite cramped and difficult to follow at times and it seems based on sounding and looking nice rather than doing its job properly, like a Sales Rep for a car company, plus it also eats up ram despite Tux needing no more than a few MB's.

That. Except I think note entry is a bit easier on GP.

Rate This Thread: