Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
VíctorG

Just another Metal song - The World Is Broken (C4C)

After taking some advice from comments on my previous songs, I wrote this, hope you like it!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Bonus.gp5 (79.7 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by VíctorG : 08-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.
VíctorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
aramdeara1

Good job

Pretty cool, very cool actually. It's got a very nice kind of "evil carnival" sound to it. Only, I personally don't like the bits where it's just straigt-forward eight notes (the guitars). Bores me a little. All solos and lead pieces are pretty ****ing (go ahead and censor me, UG) well-written. The pieces with only piano and acoustic guitar are also very cool and "darkish". Overall, pretty damn good.
aramdeara1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
VíctorG

Thanks a lot, I think I've done well thinking outside of the box and taking out all those tempo changes and unnecessary riffs. The parts you are talking about would be the choruses, but I could change the strumming pattern, of course. Also, been listening to some classical music this morning before I finished it, so it might have been an important factor lol
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Craziork

The ballad on the piano is just lovely. It reminds me the universe of Tim Burton where a character meets it's lover. The harmonies on the lead guitars are perfect. I'm amazed. It's heavy and dark without having to use blast beats and overly dropped guitars. If this song was a woman it would be a georgous woman 0_0
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
VíctorG

Thank you so much! That was more or less what I was trying to approach, something that is dark but soft at the same time without getting out of my schemes.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
aerosmithfan95
Call me Billy.

I really enjoyed it, bud! It had this dark, heavy yet soft feeling to it. The piano "melody" during what appears to be the chorus is amazing while the straight 8th notes seem to take from it a bit. Also, it transitioned well to each new section and each part complimented each other.

Overall, it's a really great song. Most metal (extremer metal) just seems to be fast "blast-beats" and 16th note guitar riffs. That's why I don't listen to much metal since it's musically boring to me and I'm not fond of (and kind of scared by ) growling vocals. This, however, is a great song and very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for your other songs. And are you going to record this? That'll be awesome!

Guitar --> Pedals --> Amplifier
aerosmithfan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
VíctorG

Thank you so much, I see my songwriting has improved a lil bit now, and I'm glad you liked the atmosphere of the song! Me and my band are planning to record an EP, but they don't seem to care about it too much, so idk lol.

You can check out some of my other songs here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1608730
Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
xbitmetal

Nice and chilly metal song and has some dark, evil, night, magical feeling innit. Nice melodies and soloes. And quite slow. No tremolo picking or fast double bass. You focus more on atmosphere than the groove. And I'm not saying it's bad. You do nice soloes too. Your drum groove is quite nice (tough the drums are quite easy, chilly and slow), and everything else is quite solid.

Maybe you could improve some things in your songs. In my opinion:
1. Ending was quite boring..
2. More living bass lines could make the song more intresting to play and listen.
3. 8th notes on guitar starts to be little bit boring on the backround.

However satisfying work, 7/10.
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
tritao

I really liked the vibe on this song, it's quite dark but chill at the same time. It has a nice groove too, though the bass is a bit too basic in some places. The drums seem pretty well composed to me too. Awesome piano melodies, I would have like to see more of them (or variations on the main riff). Only the ending was a bit unsatisfying to me, it deserved something a bit more explored, maybe some piano melodies finishing it off.

Overall pretty solid song, enjoyed it a lot.

Could you crit my latest song, Wake ?

Last edited by tritao : 08-15-2013 at 07:17 PM.
tritao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
VíctorG

@xbitmetal

Yeah, I definitely aimed more for the atmosphere and imagery than the groove itself, and I think it came out well more or less. I will work on those suggestions you gave me, thanks for commenting!

@tritao

Thank you too for the kind words. I would like to make the ending a little more natural, but somehow I forced it like that and I don't know how to extend it now :P
Of course, I will check it out right now!

Rate This Thread: