Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Super-catchy prog-rock (GP5)(C4C)

Prog rock song i finished a while ago and forgot to upload. tell me what you guys think!

also, while youre at it, can you check out this genre-switching prog metal song of mine i uploaded a while ago? ive gotten close to 200 views, but not a single comment D:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...genre-switching

Edit: view the updated version instead. the first one had a bug during the clean bridge
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Underwater sand in the hand.gp5 (134.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: gp5 Underwater sand in the hand updated.gp5 (134.8 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by pAWNlol : 08-16-2013 at 11:55 AM.
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

This sounds like an opening theme for an anime, but a ****ing awesome one.

You were damn right about it being catchy, yet somehow it was quite complex too.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar0player
This sounds like an opening theme for an anime, but a ****ing awesome one.

You were damn right about it being catchy, yet somehow it was quite complex too.

thats what my plan with my prog rock project was. semi-complex, but as much pure emotion as possible. my other prog rock songs that ive uploaded have been pure emotion
Old 08-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
thats what my plan with my prog rock project was. semi-complex, but as much pure emotion as possible. my other prog rock songs that ive uploaded have been pure emotion

I liked it and if you can please comment on my song space cadets that would be nice.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Zaqq

The title wasn't hopeful - super-catchy, heh? - but it appeared it indeed is super-catchy. The song is very upbeat (now I understand what you said about emotions), technical and with kewl instrumentals. I liked the solos very much Really liked your style too. Nothing to complain about here.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

lol thank you zaqq, and double thank you for giving my song a chance, despite its title. and i got you guitar0player!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
steviewondersov

Sounds promising, but I'd be happy to hear it played by a band... I also have a habit of composing with gp. Every now and then things just kinda get out of control. This time I decided to make it live and recorded this piece and instead of prog I prefer to call it "elevator metal"...
steviewondersov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewondersov
Sounds promising, but I'd be happy to hear it played by a band... I also have a habit of composing with gp. Every now and then things just kinda get out of control. This time I decided to make it live and recorded this piece and instead of prog I prefer to call it "elevator metal"...

holy necroposting, batman!

lol thanks man, but im not like a lot of people on here. i actually do all my writing on the actual instruments (bass and drums are exceptions sometimes, mainly drums). i find that actually writing through a GP program makes the music lack in passion, and often makes it robotic sounding

also, no offense man, but a metronome could really do you some good. there were a few parts where the rhythm was a bit off in your recording

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by pAWNlol : 12-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Rate This Thread: