Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
raident30

iDevices

i have a mac book air and an iPhone5, the mac book air already has garage band in it. but what got me thinking is the iphone5 is selling slash's amplitube that inlcudes all his signature sounds. i have an iRig to enable to attach my guitar to my mac or iphone. the slash amplitube sells for 7$ cause its sale at the moment.. should i buy it for my iphone? there is also a garage band for iphone, should i also buy it or should i be contented on the garage band on my mac? thanks for reading my thread guys!
raident30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Lavatain
5150 III Enthusiast

To answer your question briefly, neither. I have the amplitube app on my iPhone (4S) and it sounds horrible, even through my monitors. The free version of Amplitube 3 software sounds better on my mac than the paid for app on my iPhone.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
-MintSauce-
Time Lord

Moved to the Recordings subforum - you should have better luck here.
-MintSauce- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
raident30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavatain
To answer your question briefly, neither. I have the amplitube app on my iPhone (4S) and it sounds horrible, even through my monitors. The free version of Amplitube 3 software sounds better on my mac than the paid for app on my iPhone.

thanks for that, yeah it really sounds horrible sometimes.. but being always on the go, i can carry an amplifier always with me
Old 08-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
raident30

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MintSauce-
Moved to the Recordings subforum - you should have better luck here.

thanks mate!
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

If you're looking to record and have a decent quality recording, you aren't going to want to use the iRig. The iRig is essentially an overpriced attachment that does the same as going from your 1/4th guitar cable to your 1/8th Mic In on your laptop. If you invest in something like the Focusrite iTrack Solo, you'll have a solid audio interface for your Mac & iPhone that you can record with.

Rate This Thread: