Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Walpurgis

Free Bass Samples

Hi I am making a bass guitar sample library and I need some test dummies lol. Anyway, here is my first batch. They go from Low B to high B (4th fret g string) and they are just straight DI's, no Plugins applied https://soundcloud.com/ryanantlitzm...ass-sample-demo

Last edited by Walpurgis : 08-22-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Walpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

1. Thanks!

2. You should map the samples in one format at least, like kontakt player's, or whatever else you find yourself comfortable with that is possibly convertible in something else

3. For ****'s sake I had to install a program to download your file.
I uploaded the thing on mediafire, do the same thing yourself next time - http://www.mediafire.com/?hh4fnws8tsshlgf

4. There's a difference in the attack - lower notes have a way higher one.
Pay attention to make that kinda stuff the same for all notes next time you sample something.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Walpurgis

It wouldn't let me post the mediafire link. And I considered all of those things. Batch 2 should be ready soon and I'll include pick samples too.

EDIT: Actually UG wouldn't let me but I just realized I linked it to soundcloud. Ill put the media fire link on SC

Last edited by Walpurgis : 08-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Walpurgis

BATCH 2: I made them into a simple vst this time. They are mapped to the midi keyboard starting at... b2? or b1 idk this isnt final either way. http://www.mediafire.com/?bkbvetrzk4z7j19

Version two of this VST will include an onboard eq, volume knob and maybe slap and pick patches.

Last edited by Walpurgis : 08-23-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

Couldn't you just map them to an open sampler format, so we can then convert the thing into the format of our choice with our samplers?

I mean, Mach5 and EXS24 just to name a couple are a bit more advanced than a vst that can play only those samples, and we all are more used to and comfortable with them.

If you prefer to have your own plugin anyway, instead of bothering putting an eq in it integrate it with an envelope and a glide knob.

And also don't make it just a vst, there are people who don't/can't use them so compile it in every possible format (pc, mac and linux 32 and 64bit VSTis, 32 and 64bit AUs, RTAS, AAX, REs) if you're convinced it's better to use your own sampler.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Walpurgis

Yes I made them in an Sf2 file and an Sfz file but it only plays the whole sample. like they ring out. Ill see what I can do about alternative platforms. I still don't see why people can't load the wav files into their sampler.

Figured it out. Sfz thinks that the low b is B1 but in reality it is b0 on a grand staff. I'll fix it. Does anyone even use sfz format lol?

Last edited by Walpurgis : 08-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Rate This Thread: