Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
charwilko100

Protential or not

Hiya everyone, here's a clip of me singing hero - soundcloud.com/charwilko100/hero I wanna know when listening to my singing if you think if I work hard a could have the protential to have a singing career . If not please can you tell me what I need to improve to have protential for a career please me honest
charwilko100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
beatreebor

Currently, no. Though with vocal training and dedicated practice, who knows!
If its something you love doing then keep on doing it, don't think of making a career out of it.
beatreebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Kylianvb
doesn't like mondays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatreebor
Currently, no. Though with vocal training and dedicated practice, who knows!
If its something you love doing then keep on doing it, don't think of making a career out of it.

Well, 'potential' is an odd term... Everyone has the potential to be a singer, hitting notes right and building a powerful voice can be trained. At the moment, indeed, it's not happening. But if this is your dream, and you're willing to work A LOT at it (as every successful singer has had to do), who knows? Even professionally. It's not the easiest career-path, obviously, but giving up on that immediately because you're not good enough yet... I wouldn't. Eh, it's a matter of perspective I guess. If you feel like you might be happy doing something else as well, go for that career-wise. If this is the only thing you have and feel passionate about, go with it... And be serious about it, dedicate yourself, it's the only way to make it happen.

Last edited by Kylianvb : 08-24-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Kylianvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
20Tigers

You have asked this question or very similar ones before on more than one occasion. You have received advice in the past. Repeatedly asking will not magically change your voice. Only practice and hard work will have any results.

Too many threads here are from you asking people to listen to your singing. It's painful enough doing it once (you asked for honesty). You should not have any reason to ask people to listen again until you have put in some serious work and allowed sufficient time for your daily practice to have resulted in improvements.

--No new links for at least four weeks - and then ONLY if you have practiced properly for at least an hour a day everyday between now and then.

Get a vocal teacher and if you can't afford one then get singing success or some other singing programme, if you can't afford that or find one you like, try youtube, get singing for dummies from the library, DO something to help yourself man!!! Practice everyday for at least an hour a day. Practice properly with purpose- don't just randomly do exercises or sing songs for an hour a day, be specific with your practice.

Thread Closed.

Rate This Thread: