Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Carrot
UG's only carrot

Agile's in the UK

Anyone know how much it would be to get one of those guitars in the UK or how'd someone would go about getting one.

All you people in USA seem to love them so i want to get my hands on one somehow.

They are just too beautiful to pass on

'13 PRS Custom 24 SE IG rolling mills
07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
07 schecter C1 Lady Luck
14 Fender strat HH

Jet City JCA50H
Zilla studio pro 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot
Anyone know how much it would be to get one of those guitars in the UK or how'd someone would go about getting one.

All you people in USA seem to love them so i want to get my hands on one somehow.

They are just too beautiful to pass on

Do they not ship out of the country? There is no info about it on Rondo.
Blackfire. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Carrot
UG's only carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire.
Do they not ship out of the country? There is no info about it on Rondo.

Ive no idea, tis why im asking on UG lol

07 schecter C1 Lady Luck
14 Fender strat HH

Jet City JCA50H

Pedals
Old 08-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore

^ They do but it costs a lot.
TS- in the end all the hype about them is because of the fact that they are decent quality guitars for low prices. once you add on the price of shipping the good value is gone.
What I'm basically saying is, it's not worth it.
However, it the Uk a similar equivilant would probably be something like vintage guitars.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

randomguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

Yes. But the shipping costs are very expensive. It defeats the purpose of buying an Agile in the first place.

and to be honest, outside of how cheap they are, they're really not all that groundbreaking.

(´・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 08-31-2013 at 10:40 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

It's not worth it.

You have to pay for the hard case, shipping and then all the import costs when it arrives in the UK.

Then and most importantly, you have NO warranty or buyer protection so you will be on your own and they are known for delivering the occasional dud guitar.

There are a few Agiles around in the UK that you could get 2nd hand, that's how I bought an sold mine.

They are good guitars for the money, but they are about the quality of a good Epiphone but with more strings and I guess that's the appeal.

For the same money, a second hand 7 sting Prestige Ibanez or even a player condition 2228 are far superior guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0

They are good guitars for the money, but they are about the quality of a good Epiphone but with more strings and I guess that's the appeal.

For the same money, a second hand 7 sting Prestige Ibanez or even a player condition 2228 are far superior guitars.

+311

I'd focus on snagging an Ibanez, LTD, Jackson, or Schecter.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

way too much, if you ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
way too much, if you ask me

Out of curiosity, is it the same issue if the guitar was disassembled then parts are sent separately?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

I'm not sure.

I know there's a threshold under which customs and VAT aren't charged, but it's pretty low (~£19 IIRC, I haven't checked for a while, though). Plus if you sent a bunch of different packages what you save in customs/VAT you might end up just spending on extra postage charges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
Carrot
UG's only carrot

**** it. I'll stick with ESP

07 schecter C1 Lady Luck
14 Fender strat HH

Jet City JCA50H

Pedals
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
dspellman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0

Uh...no. Here in the US, for the same money, they're at least twice the guitar that a good Epiphone is, leastways when you're looking at the LP-style AL guitars. And with some models, such as the AL-3200, there isn't an Epiphone (or a Gibson, for that matter) equivalent at any price. Want a trem on a Gibson, you have a $3K+ choice and one rather lame Studio Shred (in one color) for something over a grand on a limited basis (no longer available).

The same holds true when you get into extended range and multiscale guitars. Epiphone doesn't do 27" and 30" scale guitars. I think Gibson may do two 28" scales (the Buckethead thing and a studio Baritone no longer available). Gibson does two 7-strings (epi does...what...one?) and they mostly do them in 24.75" scale. Agile is out there with 7, 8, 9 and 10-string guitars, neck-through and bolt necks, active and passive pickups, and they even have trems on some of those guitars. Ibanez isn't even close to keeping up. And none of the manufacturers have dipped their toes into multi-scale, and yet Agile has a *range* of the silly things. Want a trem-equipped 8-string fan-fret in a 25.5-27" multiscale? Who ya gonna call? Not only aren't the big manufacturers keeping up, but you could never find them at Agile's prices.

Quality on Agiles is rarely an issue. There's the occasional return. But I've seen more bitching and complaining on MyLesPaul (dot com) about Gibson quality control than ever appears on AgileGuitarForum (dot com) about Agile's. Reduced expectations? Maybe. But the usual reaction when someone opens the box on a new guitars remains, "Wait, I paid WHAT for this guitar?"

I think "about the quality of a good Epiphone but with more strings" rather understates the true nature of these guitars.
dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #13
jpnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspellman
The same holds true when you get into extended range and multiscale guitars…Not only aren't the big manufacturers keeping up, but you could never find them at Agile's prices.

You forgot to mention the Agile electric sitar.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnyc
You forgot to mention the Agile electric sitar.

Tempted.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Carrot
UG's only carrot

And from what dspellman said.

Thats why i really want one.
someone gift me one when ive got the money to buy one?

07 schecter C1 Lady Luck
14 Fender strat HH

Jet City JCA50H

Pedals
Old 09-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
peskypesky

Last edited by peskypesky : 09-01-2013 at 03:47 PM.
peskypesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
peskypesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
and to be honest, outside of how cheap they are, they're really not all that groundbreaking.

That's precisely why they ARE groundbreaking. You get a guitar that is closer to a Gibson than an Epiphone, for less money than an Epiphone. And about 8-10x less $ than the equivalent Gibson.
peskypesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky
That's precisely why they ARE groundbreaking. You get a guitar that is closer to a Gibson than an Epiphone, for less money than an Epiphone. And about 8-10x less $ than the equivalent Gibson.

Too bad they're woefully average when you add in the cost of getting them to your house in Stoke-On-Trent.

And an Agile guitar that is better in quality than an Epiphone Elitist? Don't make me laugh.

(´・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 09-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky

Oh shut up.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
jpcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspellman
Uh...no. Here in the US, for the same money, they're at least twice the guitar that a good Epiphone is, leastways when you're looking at the LP-style AL guitars. And with some models, such as the AL-3200, there isn't an Epiphone (or a Gibson, for that matter) equivalent at any price. Want a trem on a Gibson, you have a $3K+ choice and one rather lame Studio Shred (in one color) for something over a grand on a limited basis (no longer available).

The same holds true when you get into extended range and multiscale guitars. Epiphone doesn't do 27" and 30" scale guitars. I think Gibson may do two 28" scales (the Buckethead thing and a studio Baritone no longer available). Gibson does two 7-strings (epi does...what...one?) and they mostly do them in 24.75" scale. Agile is out there with 7, 8, 9 and 10-string guitars, neck-through and bolt necks, active and passive pickups, and they even have trems on some of those guitars. Ibanez isn't even close to keeping up. And none of the manufacturers have dipped their toes into multi-scale, and yet Agile has a *range* of the silly things. Want a trem-equipped 8-string fan-fret in a 25.5-27" multiscale? Who ya gonna call? Not only aren't the big manufacturers keeping up, but you could never find them at Agile's prices.

Quality on Agiles is rarely an issue. There's the occasional return. But I've seen more bitching and complaining on MyLesPaul (dot com) about Gibson quality control than ever appears on AgileGuitarForum (dot com) about Agile's. Reduced expectations? Maybe. But the usual reaction when someone opens the box on a new guitars remains, "Wait, I paid WHAT for this guitar?"

I think "about the quality of a good Epiphone but with more strings" rather understates the true nature of these guitars.

I'm positive that this guy is from Rondomusic.
I know Agile's can be good deals, but don't push it because some people like to picture them as cheap as water and as good as a Gibson at a fraction, bla bla.

I second all those who say you should look into Vintage instead, especially since your from the UK. I got two, and the last one I bought was a used V100 Les Paul left handed for 130€.
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: