Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Boka01

sound problem with ibanez RG350 EX

Hi everybody,

As I'm just a newbie to guitar playing I cannot confirm if this is normal or I'm having a problem actually. I've Ibanez RG350 EX (Korean) with Line6 Spider IV 15 watts amp. The thins is when I hit any single string I get a long reverb/echo tone which becomes crappy sounding when playing a chord and the sounds interferes with each other that makes it hard to recognize every note alone that's on clean. switching the amp to metal does worse and I get a horrible distorted sound. I cannot explain enough but to make it easier I need my guitar sounds (Solid) not echoing when playing on any mood. be noted that I've made any possible adjustment for the amp but it didn't help alot. and note also that I hear an echoing sound from the amp as I touch the jack before plugging the guitar. any help with this? I can upload a sound sample in order to experience the sound yourself and judge it.

Thanks and sorry for lengthiness.
Boka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Danitarium
Giggle Box

Next time you have the amp on, select Clean. Then turn the Echo knob to the right then all the way back to the left (OFF). Do the same for the Mod knob.

See if this helps your tone. If so save the settings, and repeat with the distortion channel.

To save, hold the Clean button down for 3-5 seconds. The LED's will blink a few times. The Clean sound now will not have any Mod or Echo effect present. Power off the unit, back on and verify that the Clean is still dry as you just recently saved it to be. Repeat with distortion.

Copied from Line 6 Support forums as it sounds like an amp problem more than a guitar problem.

Reply back and let us know if this helps.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

KH-202 Rebuild
Swirled Alvarez Strat

ESP M-I NTB
LTD KH-202
Alvarez H/H Strat
Taylor 410ce
Peavey Valveking 100 & Windsor cab

Last edited by Danitarium : 09-03-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Danitarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
Boka01

Thank you Danitarium for your help. Unfortunately I think I still has that sound even after I reset the amp to factory settings, going crazy I hear like I'm switching on a phaser or something!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
jj1565
Officially Knighted

Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay
if your jack is loose, if the cable is shoddy, if the guitar is not intonated correctly, this will add hissing, hums, crackles and excess noise.

i suggest you tighten the jack if it's loose.
the only correct way is to remove the plate and hold the jack on the inside while tightening the nut on the outside.
if you dont do it this way, you will rip off the wires inside as the jack spins.

i suggest if it's not loose, then you should swap out your cable.

lastly, i think you should make sure that the strings are fresh and that they are in tune along the board.
you can tune them open, then fret them at the 12th.
see if they are in tune there too.

test all of this on clean settings of that amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Boka01

The guitar appears to has no issue as I've installed a new input and changed the strings 2 days ago also the technician said that the guitar is very good unless we did't gave it a test drive after modification. That crackling noise was also with the old strings that I thought it might be the cause before installing the new input and fresh strings. Will try a new wire and keep you posted. Thanks for help
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
jj1565
Officially Knighted

Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay
have you tried the guitar with a different amp yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Boka01

I tested a new cable, no difference. will try a new amp and see
Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
terrapinturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boka01
Thank you Danitarium for your help. Unfortunately I think I still has that sound even after I reset the amp to factory settings, going crazy I hear like I'm switching on a phaser or something!

the factory settings have effects on them, you need to make ur own setting and turn the effects completely to the left (off) and save it by holding down the channel button for 3-5 seconds and hitting it again i used to own the 30 watt one, might i suggest a new amp haha ive had two and nothing but problems

Rate This Thread: