Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

The Journey [GP5/C4C]

Okay this last one is my "weirdest" one. Very orchestral, a lot of work. I am very proud of it ! I hope you like it. As usual this is not very coherent, there is no common structure "verse-chorus" and stuff... I will have to work on that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Compo 109.zip (18.2 KB, 155 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
VíctorG

Holy shit, how long is this actually? This really puts me to shame as a composer. I don't have enough patience to write something like this, epic work you've done here.

It sounds like a mix of signature sounds from different cultures, which is also really nice for learning purposes haha. You truly worked a lot on this one mate, congrats!
VíctorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

It is something like 9min30s long I think ! Actually I had no aim at the beginning and when I finally finished it I noticed there were many influences so I called it "The Journey"

Thanks a lot
Old 09-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
Rossielle

it's a good work man. i like it a lot.

a very military intro, some ambient ,some folk and power influences. it's very good . i like this kinds of works. i think that when you'll record it will sound better. my favourite parts are the orchestral part (Ambiaaance ) and the Power Metul part) . the japanese melody is a little weird but it's very nice. the russian part you could do it better, because it need some choirs or strings to make it more atmospheric, more "folkish". but it's a great work. 9/10
Rossielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

Yes I think i get what you mean. The choirs are quite too low on this part and I would need a real choir to see what to do with it on this part.

Thanks for your opinion ! I have to say I've been pretty inspired by some musics from Age of Empires 1 for the ambiance part !

Last edited by Kafiolet : 09-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Kafiolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: