Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
jeremygp24

is my voice good enough to do solo stuff?

I want to do some local music projects but do I have the voice to be a solo acoustic artist? Or should I start/join a local band? I know people say practice but sometimes it's not enough ;(

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremygp24?feature=watch
jeremygp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
merriman44

Simply, yes. You have the chops to thrive at a local level. Most women eat this stuff up if they can see it live.

Your voice is nice for the style, however not unique in any way as is now. For a local scene, if you promote and are diligent, I can see you being quite successful with what you wish to do.

Beyond the local level though, you will be awash in a sea of others that sound exactly as you do. Please don't take that as a slight, I'm just not sure what your outlook is. If you want to go beyond local/regional, you'll need more diversification/uniqueness to be successful from what I've seen.

edit: furthermore, I don't know if you ever wish to record in high fidelity ever, but that process will pick up your flaws much more accurately than an iphone.

Last edited by merriman44 : 09-08-2013 at 06:28 PM.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
jeremygp24

Thanks for the advice, sincerely. It was really helpful and detailed. I'm workin on some higher quality stuff now.
jeremygp24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: