Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Seb1uk

Catchy Proggycore Ting - WIP (c4c)

So I thought I'd go back a few years to when I was just trying to write shorter catchier songs, so I ignored any thoughts that I might be using a generic chord progression or whatever, and just started writing to write something catchy that would get you going, if ya get me.

I don't get much spare time these days so it's a WIP, spending a couple hours every fortnight making a little bit of progress each time. It started out with the idea that it'd be a straight forward intro-verse-chorus-interlude-chorus-outro, but now it's gotten a bit more complicated, accidentally, so I'm trying to get to the climax of the song now, but I figured I'd share what I've got so far.

I don't know how I feel about the transition from Groove to Harmonics, I was struggling to go to anything I wanted from Groove actually, so I'd like to in particular what people thought of that.

But let me know in general what you think so far too!

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 rock 318 v18.gp5 (81.4 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by Seb1uk : 09-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Seb1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

intro and first verse were pretty damn cool, no complaints

the chords used for the bridge were kinda bland, not really much special with this part

verse comes back. again, sounds cool as hell. post verse was satisfying as well

"groove" was also pretty cool sounding, as was the harmonics part. then theres this random ass gap. ??? im just going to forget about that lol

the chorus was also kind of a letdown compared to the rest of the song. its pretty bland. not to mention, whatever that chord on measure 152 is supposed to be, it sounds dreadful in the mix

i know its just in scraps, but from what i could hear, what you were planning on doing in the end does not sound promising either

lastly, the bass is pretty bland in a few parts of the song, like the intro, the bridge, and the riff starting on measure 120

overall, this song has a TON of potential though, with just a few setbacks. keep at it man! id love to hear this when its done

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Seb1uk

Cheers mate! Im having a problem these days decidig whether there would be vocals on top or not, so like the bridge bit you said was quite bland, I left it not too complicated to leave space for a vocal melody. And that random ass gap is coz it ain't finished!

Still decidig what I wanna do with the rest though.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb1uk
Cheers mate! Im having a problem these days decidig whether there would be vocals on top or not, so like the bridge bit you said was quite bland, I left it not too complicated to leave space for a vocal melody. And that random ass gap is coz it ain't finished!

Still decidig what I wanna do with the rest though.

well when i said it was bland, i meant the the chords themselves. with the exception of the chord on the 5th fret, they all sounded the same. but still, when you find the time, id love to hear you finish this!

in the mean time, could you check out my latest tab? i havent gotten much input on it yet, and id appreciate any feedback

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1617036

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Seb1uk

Ahh well fair play that's your opinion. But yeah will do mate, probably will only be free after Tuesday - just letting you know I'm not being a bastard and ignoring you ha
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Drapte

I really like this. Bar 22-37 has my penis all hard n stuff.

Rate This Thread: