Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
I hate Oasis because a crazy girl told me she'd **** me if I learned "Wonderwall" and sang it to her.

I did not learn "Wonderwall," I did not sing to her, I did not get laid, and I did not talk to her ever again.

Last edited by Butt Rayge : 09-12-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #42
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
 
AtaBorMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A bookshop just off Russel Square
I find it hard to care about them or their music, it's just so dull.
__________________
Call me Max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
AtaBorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #43
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
 
Nero Galon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
I hate Oasis because a crazy girl told me she'd **** me if I learned "Wonderwall" and sang it to her.

I did not learn "Wonderwall," I did not sing to her, I did not get laid, and I did not talk to her ever again.


Wonderwall is not something you learn. You are born with it in you. You just have to unleash it.
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #44
ChrisN
I signed up for this?
 
ChrisN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nottingham, England
They were the reason I moved from listening to nothing but trance/DnB to listening to Rock music and the reason I picked up guitar. I was obsessed.

However, I fell out of love with them due to the quality of their later music. Their first record is awesome, then each subsequent album is slightly worse than the last.
__________________
404: Sig not found.
ChrisN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #45
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
 
Nero Galon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
Cigarettes and Alcohol

Love the song.

And I don't know about the others around here, but I'll listen to some of their songs once in a while. I like their style.


You mean Get it On by T-Rex right?
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
MeGaDeth2314
UG Addict
 
MeGaDeth2314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: some sort of dream-space, idk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
I hate Oasis because a crazy girl told me she'd **** me if I learned "Wonderwall" and sang it to her.

I did not learn "Wonderwall," I did not sing to her, I did not get laid, and I did not talk to her ever again.



I can't say I would have done the same.
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/10mesp
MeGaDeth2314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #47
Sleaze Disease
EET FUK
 
Sleaze Disease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Redneckville, Illinois
I think it's hilarious when people think that if you dislike a band it's because you're jealous of their success. It is possible to dislike a band because you think their music sucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?


Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8rgood


Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Sleaze Disease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #48
CaptainCanti
Banned
 
CaptainCanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: invading the surface world
they can't be worse than nickelback amirite
CaptainCanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #49
Redsectoreh
Never Say Die!
 
Redsectoreh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleaze Disease
I think it's hilarious when people think that if you dislike a band it's because you're jealous of their success. It is possible to dislike a band because you think their music sucks.


Exactly. People hate on sports teams and their players all the time, yet you don't really hear that whole jealousy defense when it comes to that too much. Famous musicians and athletes both travel around to entertain people, all while making ridiculous amounts of money. It's the same damn thing.
Redsectoreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
sovaso
All-American Ninja
 
sovaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In a van down by the River
Here's why I don't like Oasis

My logical side to why Oasis sucks:
Their songs are mostly acoustic and stripped down. Which can be ok at times. But they copy other peoples songs. Oasis has been legally sued by other musical artists for plagiarism and one of their songs came almost directly from Stevie Wonder's "Uptight". Their sound isn't too creative either. Their songs use a range of a solid 4-7 chords each. it's not complex and it's not interesting. Their songs are overly overused. Oasis is cliché.

My personal side to why Oasis sucks
The Lead Singer in my band forced us to play Wonderwall (It was the only way we got him to play Dani California by RHCP). It is the easiest, least complex song ever. If you are a singer, it still sucks. Oasis is like Coldplay. All their mainstream songs are so easy and they suck. I haven't dug into Oasis because all I hear is Wonderwall and Some Might Say and Don't look back in anger.
sovaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #51
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGaDeth2314
I can't say I would have done the same.

She was ugly and boring as well as crazy.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #52
whoomit
ocean piglet
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: dream house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleaze Disease
I think it's hilarious when people think that if you dislike a band it's because you're jealous of their success. It is possible to dislike a band because you think their music sucks.

Jealous Jill confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
And I don't know about the others around here, but I'll listen to some of their songs once in a while. I like their style.

Same here. They remind me of my childhood.
__________________
who is the master

who makes the grass green

you are the master

you make the grass green

Last edited by whoomit : 09-13-2013 at 03:20 AM.
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #53
JackalUK
ERANU
 
JackalUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
The instrumental side of it is tedious and dull, the vocals sounds uninspired. That is why I don't like them.
JackalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #54
korinaflyingv
Bow you ****s
 
korinaflyingv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: st albans, UK
First 2 albums are pretty sweet but pretty much everything after that was turd. People hate them because they are exceedingly easy to hate.
korinaflyingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #55
SMH07
Haters, dismissed.
 
SMH07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle, England
One of my favourite bands ever. But Liam is a dick.
__________________
Last.fm

The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
SMH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #56
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Legends!








__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bifteksupernova
So ya this thread has just taught me that I need a longer hammer...

pls nobody sig this
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #57
MarcFlink
Registered User
 
MarcFlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoooos
Aren't you that bellend who got angsty when people pointed out Mumford & Sons are shit? Anyway, Oasis are alright but horrendously overrated (when I see any of their albums anywhere near a "Greatest Albums of All Time" list I want to smack shit)


I was trolling -.- Why is everyone so serious in the pit when it comes to trolling I'm not even that into Mumford and Sons.. I enjoy listening to them casually but im not a diehard fan or anything. I was just having some fun. Let it go please :p
__________________
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
MarcFlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #58
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
I just find their music to be extremely dull and linear.

It's not a very creative touch upon anything really.

I prefer any of the other brit-pop/indie/pop bands from Britain over them
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #59
MarcFlink
Registered User
 
MarcFlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoooos
Aren't you that bellend who got angsty when people pointed out Mumford & Sons are shit? Anyway, Oasis are alright but horrendously overrated (when I see any of their albums anywhere near a "Greatest Albums of All Time" list I want to smack shit)


Well, the same thing can be said about many of The Beatles' albums, or *Insert popular band/artist name*.. I depends on who is listening to it, and I, personally, think they are bloody brilliant. John Lennon was a complete arse as well? Ain't nobody i've heard that hates beatles cause of that. Their songs have been played in radios more than most over the years (maybe not so much anymore, but i'm sure you get the point). They were still brilliant even though they rolled around in drugs and women, and there were loads of scandals, and they couldn't get along among themselves in the band, and Ringo quit and then they left each other in India and stuff like that.. And John Lennon was perhaps the biggest tool ever... I LOVE Beatles. I have every album they have ever released on LP and i LOVE them... But they are overrated as well tbh.. There are loads of metal heads in here and many of you will surely just agree and tell me that beatles is shit like oasis... But they were brilliant, but still overrated. Oasis were not as brilliant as beatles, perhaps, but still pretty damn good, and Noel is a great songwriter. He is still making good music with his new band today...

People are too harsh when it comes to "oh they are overrated".. Maybe in your book? that's just your opinion. Not everyone thinks they are overrated. Your opinion isn't the bloody law.. So just because you say that they are overrated, doesn't mean that they are. And it works the other way 'round for me as well ofc..
__________________
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
MarcFlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #60
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcFlink
Well, the same thing can be said about many of The Beatles' albums, or *Insert popular band/artist name*.. I depends on who is listening to it, and I, personally, think they are bloody brilliant. John Lennon was a complete arse as well? Ain't nobody i've heard that hates beatles cause of that. Their songs have been played in radios more than most over the years (maybe not so much anymore, but i'm sure you get the point). They were still brilliant even though they rolled around in drugs and women, and there were loads of scandals, and they couldn't get along among themselves in the band, and Ringo quit and then they left each other in India and stuff like that.. And John Lennon was perhaps the biggest tool ever... I LOVE Beatles. I have every album they have ever released on LP and i LOVE them... But they are overrated as well tbh.. There are loads of metal heads in here and many of you will surely just agree and tell me that beatles is shit like oasis... But they were brilliant, but still overrated. Oasis were not as brilliant as beatles, perhaps, but still pretty damn good, and Noel is a great songwriter. He is still making good music with his new band today...

People are too harsh when it comes to "oh they are overrated".. Maybe in your book? that's just your opinion. Not everyone thinks they are overrated. Your opinion isn't the bloody law.. So just because you say that they are overrated, doesn't mean that they are. And it works the other way 'round for me as well ofc..


Oasis didn't add anything to popmusic/music overall that Beatles hadn't already done.

Oasis sounded dated the moment they came and they still do. It's just boring linear songs with nothing creative over it really.

They are not bad, but not particularly good either. There were dozens of more interesting bands from the UK around their time for one.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 09-13-2013 at 06:11 AM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.