I would only share it if it proved that (deity) DID exist 10 16.13%
I would only share it if it proved that (deity) DID NOT exist 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #41
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
I'm just completely indifferent to religion and try to never think about it, but if I found definite proof that there is no god (which I don't think is possible, but whatever), I'd probably get a bit depressed.

We are to be Gods.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #42
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

If I found out that a god did exist, I'd keep it to myself. The scientific journey to explain our universe and the origin of everything leads to some pretty big developments etc. It would seem greatly counterproductive to put a lot of that off and begin focusing on who the invisible cloud person actually is and why he/she/it made us.

Plus, I imagine that there would be a barrage of religious fanatics rubbing the fact that their god turned out to actually exist in everybody's face, despite the fact the god turning out to exist through pure fluke does nothing to lessen how illogical it was to have believed it in the first place sans substantial (or any at all) evidence.

If it turned out that there were no deities, I'd make people aware. However I doubt much would change. Irrefutable evidence that there were no god(s) would have little effect on most of the people that buy into all that because evidence isn't something that appeals to them anyway. It'd be nice to think that society could leave all that noise behind should such a thing occur, but that doesn't seem likely.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #43
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist

I wouldn't share it no matter what it proved. The side that's proved wrong wouldn't believe it and it would result in even more bitching than there is now.
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #44
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelovemyguitar
The point is, in both religions, they aren't meant to be seen as gods. In both religions, they are meant as example or guide or whatever. In buddhism, buddha really isn't just a normal dude, he's like the jesus of buddhism basically.

And christianity really isn't about submitting to jesus.

wut.

In Buddhism you are correct, Siddhartha explicitly stated that he ain't no gawd.

But you are so wrong about Jesus and Christianity bro. Jesus is basically God in most Christian religions. He is meant to be worshiped. Christianity 101
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #45
shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
wut.

In Buddhism you are correct, Siddhartha explicitly stated that he ain't no gawd.

But you are so wrong about Jesus and Christianity bro. Jesus is basically God in most Christian religions. He is meant to be worshiped. Christianity 101

Christianity 101 is the class you obviously didn't take. Jesus is seen as the son of god. Ever heard of that? He is to be worshiped as that, the son of god. Not an actual god.

Let's not go farther than that. You calling me wrong is actually pretty ironic already.

"the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God"
wiki****ingpedia

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!

Last edited by shelovemyguitar : 09-14-2013 at 01:20 AM.
shelovemyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #46
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelovemyguitar
Christianity 101 is the class you obviously didn't take. Jesus is seen as the son of god. Ever heard of that? He is to be worshiped as that, the son of god. Not an actual god.

Let's not go farther than that. You calling me wrong is actually pretty ironic already.

"the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God"
wiki****ingpedia

Yeah you're really showing that you never took Christianity 101. If God were real you would be in hell because God would be pissed off at how wrong you are.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #47
shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
Yeah you're really showing that you never took Christianity 101. If God were real you would be in hell because God would be pissed off at how wrong you are.

Nice argument you've got there. It'd be cool if it wasn't so nonexistent. I don't give a shit. Hell is where the fun's at. I'm already on the ****ing highway anyway...

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
shelovemyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #48
macashmack
Maskcashmack

If hell is anything like the Inferno by Dante Alighieri, it isn't fun at all.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #49
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!

Smoke weed every day.
Originally Posted by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
HypernovaGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #50
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

I would show everyone the truth.

However, since it's possible to have solid, physical proof of this being, then it must also be possible to destroy the being...

I'd go on living as usual, unless the god ended up being a dick. In that case, it'd be time for a rebellion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #51
jrcsgtpeppers

When we are talking about god, we are talking about the christian version of god right? The one mentioned in the bible right? The bible that says god created the stars, then earth, then the atmosphere, then the water (lol right?) then land vegetation (hold on for this) then the sun and moon (because the sun isnt a star?) then sea creatures (because sea creatures came after land veggies? come on, please research) then animals then man specifically? That god? if that god turned out to be true then i wouldnt have to completely rethink my life because i would be living in a totally separate reality that wasnt created by membranes clashing.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #52
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

It doesn't matter. Regardless of how convincing the proof, people would still continue to believe whatever they want. You know it's true. Stubborn bastards

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-
SaintsofNowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #53
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

I think I'd just destroy it and carry on with my life. It would make absolutely no difference to the world, as a vast majority of people already think that God has given us a document that proves his existence - one would simply be becoming another in a long line of prophets.

If the god turned out to be one of the ones we've 'discovered', i.e. the god of Abraham, I don't think I'd believe it if I had irrefutable proof, perhaps a fault on my part; the events and actions attributed to him are just too grotesque and impossible to be believed.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #54
MattMez
The Unknown

I'd be all like "Where were you God when I was growing up? I counted on you so many times and you never came through for me! It was down to me to score that winning goal, I took the shot and said please god let this go in. But you let it sail straight past the post, and I was tormented for months at school. Forget you man I don't need you, I got this far by myself and I'm fine. You had your chance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
Make up your mind. Does it smell like shit or tar?

MattMez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #55
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.

I would do nothing. People who believe god exists would not change their minds, and even if they would I wouldn't try to make them.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #56
entity0009
UG's Null.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsofNowhere
It doesn't matter. Regardless of how convincing the proof, people would still continue to believe whatever they want. You know it's true. Stubborn bastards

See: Creationism
Old 09-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #57
Shotgunmerc
UG's Scootaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Jay
buddha is not a deity, why have i come across so many people who think that

people don't actually worship buddha, do they?

Admittedly I'm under-informed on Buddhism. I learned about it in 9th/10th grade but it's been a while.

I think Brahmin is one of the Buddhist deities now that I think about it? I don't remember

Walking alone tonight
'Cause I've only got room for two
Me and my burdened black heart
It's all we know how to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I want to cum inside young men
Shotgunmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #58
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

If (the Abrahamic) God didn't exist, I'd carry on with my life as usual. Assuming that's the God OP is implying.

If God did exist and Jeebus was really the son of God, I'd be pretty bloody mad at him. I'd still share it with the world though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunmerc
I think Brahmin is one of the Buddhist deities now that I think about it? I don't remember

Bramin is part of Hindu, not Buddhism.

The Dalai Lama is not a representation of any god. He is merely a guru or sorts. Buddhism is generally considered to be an atheistic belief.

(・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 09-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #59
Cardbored

I'd be paranoid as **** while masturbating.
Cardbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #60
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunmerc
Admittedly I'm under-informed on Buddhism. I learned about it in 9th/10th grade but it's been a while.

No that's hinduism. There are no Buddhist deitiies that are required to worship in order to be a buddhist. Some do believe in certain deities but believing in them is basically unnecessary.

Rate This Thread: