Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Metal Turtle

Lightbulb New Demo Thrash/Heavy ( c4c )

Hey there,

I whipped up something earlier today and i thought id share it and maybe get some ideas or critique going . Its a really rough mix, and still work in progress. (EDIT) I added drums and bass too.

https://soundcloud.com/metal-turtle/demo-2013

https://soundcloud.com/metal-turtle...013-added-drums

Last edited by Metal Turtle : 09-17-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

There's some interesting stuff going on here, that you'd be smart to use to your advantage in future songs:
*The sound of the pick hitting the strings bleeds through into the mic, but that down-on-the-downbeat gives it a rhythm, and almost acts like a percussion track. There's not really a place for something like that in a full mix (unless you want to add an acoustic track over the top), but it sounds really cool on its own. To keep the downstrokes lines up with the beat, try a "down-down-up" pattern for the parts with triplets, like this:
v-^vv^v-^v-^
*I swear I've heard the first riff in at least three different songs ("Conquer All" by Behemoth is the only one I can think of right now), but the triplet feel makes it sound like you're doing your own thing, and since pretty much any riff anyone writes has already been done, making it feel fresh is the best thing a songwriter can do.
*That hammer-on at 1:17. That's all.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Metal Turtle

Hey thanks for listening and giving input. For the final recording ill try and use Guitar rig or Fl studio for better quality. Ill try and implement your suggestion for that riff "v-^vv^v-^v-^"

I looked up that song "Conquer All" by Behemoth, and it is very similar! Thanks for looking out. I'll change it up a but more so its less noticeable. I'll go and C4C for you too

Thanks

- Metal Turtle
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Turtle
Hey thanks for listening and giving input. For the final recording ill try and use Guitar rig or Fl studio for better quality. Ill try and implement your suggestion for that riff "v-^vv^v-^v-^"

I looked up that song "Conquer All" by Behemoth, and it is very similar! Thanks for looking out. I'll change it up a but more so its less noticeable. I'll go and C4C for you too

Thanks

- Metal Turtle

Using Guitar Rig won't take out the string bleed, and using FL Studio certainly won't (coming from an FL user). All you can do is either record direct, using an interface, or move the amp and mic further away from the guitar. (Or turn up the amp.)

No need to change it; like I said, the way you have it, it's pretty original, and if you change it, it'll just sound like something else. Like I said. The whole point is that everything's been done, so just do it differently (which you did).

The v^ thing was just a picking pattern; what I meant is, try to make it so that on every beat, you're picking down instead of up.

I don't have anything up right now, but thanks for offering.

Rate This Thread: