Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
geanes
The Mighty Masturbator

Goodbye Goodnight by Ron Pope, anyone want to give it a shot?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SwoXt203o

I've been trying to tab it out myself without much luck. I'd really appreciate it if someone here gave it a shot.

Thanks guys.

E-married to Basti95, Snowman388, dhruvrajvanshi, PsiGuy60 and isabiggles.
geanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
DON CZARSKI

I can give it a shot later on ok...
I am mainly hearing the chords:
Db Ab Bbm F# ...may also be some variations on those chords as well..like a Dbm, etc...

Of course you can capo at the first fret and transpose these chords to
C G Am F etc....

I will give it a go later on ok...
By the way if I give you the chords when I try it out are you ok then to figure the song out on your own....
DON CZARSKI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
geanes
The Mighty Masturbator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
I can give it a shot later on ok...
I am mainly hearing the chords:
Db Ab Bbm F# ...may also be some variations on those chords as well..like a Dbm, etc...

Of course you can capo at the first fret and transpose these chords to
C G Am F etc....

I will give it a go later on ok...
By the way if I give you the chords when I try it out are you ok then to figure the song out on your own....

Yes I am. I really appreciate your help on this, it's a bit too fast and quiet for me to pick up on my own. lol

Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
DON CZARSKI

SEE IF THIS GIVES YOU THE RIGHT WAY TO GO.....IF IT DOES FINISH AND POST IT...IF YOU CAN NOT THEN LET ME KNOW AND I THINK I CAN FINISH AND POST IT... JUST LET ME KNOW..OK

Code:
RON POPE - "Goodbye, Goodnight" INTRO: Db Ab Db Ab Db Ab Db Db Ab Db I will wait for you until the light Ab Db If you do not come I will be fine Bbm Db 'Cause when the morning rises I will go So I don't care if you don't come home Ab Db I would drink from your lips like apple wine Ab Db You can spend the year, just stay the night Bb F# Db And nothing I see is of consequence So please close the door and take off your dress Bbm Db And Iiiiiiiii That's the easy part Bbm Db And Iiiiiii Can't finish what we've started Bbm Db You and me will never see the light Bbm Db Ab No, you and me will never get this right Db So goodbye, goodnight And I will sing out loud so you can hear my voice Now come in close, you've made your choice And all the things I'd wish you be Evaporate like whispered dreams And I would trace my name on freckled skin I'd kiss your neck then start again I'd apologise for all I've done But I'm still not sure if that's what you want And I That's the easy part And I Can't finish what we've started You and me will never see the light No, you and me will never get this right So goodbye, goodnight Oh the wishes I make won't come true Still I'd like to spend this night with you Oh the sheets are soft, the bed is warm So I'm begging you to come back home Said I'm begging you please to come back home And I That's the easy part And I Can't finish what we've started You and me will never see the light No, you and me will never get this right And I That's the easy part And I Can't finish what we've started You and me will never see the light No, you and me will never get this right So goodbye, goodnight
Old 09-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
geanes
The Mighty Masturbator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
SEE IF THIS GIVES YOU THE RIGHT WAY TO GO.....IF IT DOES FINISH AND POST IT...IF YOU CAN NOT THEN LET ME KNOW AND I THINK I CAN FINISH AND POST IT... JUST LET ME KNOW..OK

I feel like the choruses and verses are very uniform throughout the song. The chords you posted for the first ones seem to fit for all of them.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
DON CZARSKI

Then do me a favor.... Finish the song up then and submit it.... that would make it your 18th tab... No need to give me credit...

Like you stated it probably is the same for the rest of the song..... Glad I could help out...

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 09-20-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
crmrz

This is my take on the song. I think he's got his guitar standard tuned down 1 fret.

Intro:
e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3--------3----------3-------------3-----------3---------3----------3---|
G|--------2---------2---------2-------------2-----------2----------2---------2------|
D|------4---------4--------4-------------4-----------4----------4---------4---------|
A|----5---------5--------5-------------------------5----------5---------5-----------|
E|-------------------------------------5----------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3------3--------3----------3-------------3-----------3---------3----------3---|
G|--------2------2---------2---------2-------------2-----------2----------2---------2------|
D|------4------4---------4--------4-------------4-----------4----------4---------4---------|
A|---4--------5---------5--------5-------------------------5----------5---------5-----------|
E|---------------------------------------------5----------------------------------------------|

Verse: (repeat twice)
e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3------3--------3----------------3-----------3---------3----------3---|
G|--------2------2---------2---------------2-----------2----------2---------2------|(2x)
D|------4------4---------4--------------4-----------4----------4---------4---------|
A|---4--------5---------5--------------------------5----------5---------5-----------|
E|-------------------------------------5----------------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3------3--------3----------3-------------3-----------3---------3------------|
G|--------2------2---------2---------0-------------2-----------2----------2--------------|
D|------4------4---------4--------0-------------4-----------4----------4-----------------|
A|---4--------2---------2-------------------5------------5----------5---------------------|
E|------------------------------3-----------------------------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3------3--------3----------------3-----------3---------3----------3---|
G|--------2------2---------2---------------2-----------2----------2---------2------|
D|------4------4---------4--------------4-----------4----------4---------4---------|
A|------------5---------5-------------4------------5----------5---------5-----------|
E|---5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Chorus:
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3------3--------3----------------3--------3-------3---------3-------3---------3-|
G|--------2------2---------2---------------0--------0-------2----------2------2---------2----|
D|------4------4---------4--------------0--------0-------4----------4-------4--------4-------|
A|---4--------2---------2------------------------------5----------5----------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------3-----3-----------------------------5---------5----------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------3--------3----------------3--------3-------3---------3-------3---------3-|
G|-----------2---------2---------------0--------0-------2----------2------2---------2----|
D|---------4---------4--------------0--------0-------4----------4-------4--------4-------|
A|--------2---------2------------------------------5----------5----------------------------|
E|-------------------------------3--------3--------------------------5---------5-----------|

B|--------------3--------3----------------3--------3-------3---------3-------3---------3-|
G|-----------2---------2---------------0--------0-------2----------2------2---------2----|
D|---------4---------4--------------0--------0-------4----------4-------4--------4-------|
A|--------2---------2------------------------------5----------5----------------------------|
E|-------------------------------3--------3---------------------------5---------5-----------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------3--------3----------------3--------3----3-----------|
G|-----------2---------2---------------0--------0-------2-----------|
D|---------4---------4--------------0--------0----------2-----------|
A|--------2---------2------------------------------------0-----------|
E|-------------------------------3-----3------------------------------|

Verse, Chorus..

Ooooohh...
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3--------3----------3--------3------------2---------2---------3-------3--|
G|---------0--------0---------2---------2------------2--------2---------2--------2----|
D|-------0--------0--------4---------4------------2--------2----------4-------4-------|
A|------------------------5--------5------------0---------0----------2--------2--------|
E|----3--------3------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3--------3----------3--------3-------------2---------2---------2-------2---|
G|---------0--------0---------2---------2------------2--------2-----------2-------2-----|
D|-------0--------0--------4---------4-------------2---------2----------2-------2-------|
A|------------------------5--------5--------------0--------0---------0-------0-----------|
E|----3--------3---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3--------3----------3--------3------------2---------2---------3-------3--|
G|---------0--------0---------2---------2------------2--------2---------2--------2----|
D|-------0--------0--------4---------4------------2--------2----------4-------4-------|
A|------------------------5--------5------------0---------0-----------------------------|
E|----3--------3-----------------------------------------------------2--------2---------|

e|----------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------3--------3----------3--------3------------3--------|
G|---------0--------0---------2---------2------------2----------|
D|-------0--------0--------4---------4------------2-------------|
A|------------------------5--------5------------0----------------|
E|----3--------3--------------------------------------------------|

Verse, chorus...

I think it would be easier if you use a capo on the first fret and work the arpeggios starting with the C chord.

Last edited by crmrz : 09-22-2013 at 01:51 AM.
crmrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: