Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
ChucklesMginty
lol

Isn't it about time the community page got regular updates?

I think it's been the same for about for about 3 or 4 years now, yet there's more user submitted music, blogs and the like than ever.

I'd be happy to help out with it.

Plus! Seeing as UG has always supported unsigned artists, couldn't we get user submitted music featured on the front page like with columns? Seems almost ridiculous that isn't the case already.

Last edited by ChucklesMginty : 09-18-2013 at 04:27 AM.
ChucklesMginty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
JackalUK
ERANU

If I recall it was abandoned after traffic to it stagnated. If you can think of a way of generatic traffic for it I'm sure the office would help in starting it up again.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
ChucklesMginty
lol

Well, advertising that you can have your music featured on the front page for one.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****

I remember a few year ago a small group of us started a campaign to revamp the Community section, since it had become so desolate. Changes were made, but still traffic is very low. Maybe focusing on user-submitted content would change that, and maybe we need to completely revamp the page altogether, because right now it's almost worthless. Not to mention I don't think groups are that popular anymore, at least not like they used to be.
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
AeroRocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
Colohue
UG Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
If I recall it was abandoned after traffic to it stagnated. If you can think of a way of generatic traffic for it I'm sure the office would help in starting it up again.

The office wouldn't help.

And traffic to it was higher than ever when it crashed. After it was re-designed from the group up to involve submissions and ideas from all over the site it was doing well.

Then it was re-designed again to feature only users in The Pit, and to take the monitoring out of the hands of the users and into mod hands and it failed massively.

I occasionally click on the page just to laugh at how stupid the whole thing was.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Colohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
ChucklesMginty
lol

Ah, well I tried...
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox

don't really care about the other community stuff like blogs, but featuring user-submitted music on the front page would really be in step with what the site is for... i always thought our C4C section needed more attention anyway.

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsIbleNoIsE
don't really care about the other community stuff like blogs, but featuring user-submitted music on the front page would really be in step with what the site is for... i always thought our C4C section needed more attention anyway.

Everything he said.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #9
ChucklesMginty
lol

Maybe it could be revamped then purely as a music page, I know for sure that people would be interested in that. Tracks could voted on and the highest rated each week could be featured or whatever. Not exactly a new idea but it works.

There was a thread in The Pit recently asking about other users music, I think there's definitely an interest in what other users are doing.

Rate This Thread: