Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
GuitarMusic360
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Improve finger tapping

How can I improve finger tapping? I can finger tap on the low E string and the A string but when ever I do it on the other strings, it's very quiet.
GuitarMusic360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
 
Zaphod_Beeblebr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Behind a desk.
You need to treat tapping like any other legato; pull-offs need to flick away from the string and not just come straight away and hammer-ons need a decent amount of power behind them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ittei
Matters of small concern should be treated seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
tom.foutsitzis
Registered User
 
tom.foutsitzis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
That can also have something to do with the way your bass is set up or your tone. Don't be afraid to boost the mids a bit
tom.foutsitzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
 
Zaphod_Beeblebr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Behind a desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.foutsitzis
That can also have something to do with the way your bass is set up or your tone. Don't be afraid to boost the mids a bit


Not an answer, if you need a specific tone for something like this then you're not good enough at it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ittei
Matters of small concern should be treated seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Velcro Man
A person
 
Velcro Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You need to treat tapping like any other legato; pull-offs need to flick away from the string and not just come straight away and hammer-ons need a decent amount of power behind them.


This. To get the volume from a pull off, you have to flick your finger off so that it plucks the string. Just press down and pull your finger towards you. You should feel the string get pulled up ever so slightly as you do, then when you finger lets go, it causes the string to vibrate.
Velcro Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.