Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Rokkstar

First Attempt at Metalcore [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid]

This is my first attempt at metalcore!

More at www.leftuntold.com
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 01 Tears.gp5 (66.3 KB, 139 views)
File Type: gp4 01 Tears.gp4 (36.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: mid 01 Tears.mid (41.8 KB, 28 views)
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
allthatichug

Bla-bla-bla

not br00tal enough needs more breakdowns
allthatichug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Craziork

To me it was more around the Pop Punk genre. Its like you took the softest metalcore band and you ask them to only play chords.
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

ned moar brokadonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Zaqq

Are you kidding us? It's not metalcore. But... it's better. Sounds like a nice upbeat alt rock thing.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Ometh
nobody

u be trollin
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
CelestialGuitar
Celestial Wish Guitarist

One Direction-Core. For some reason, I'm always expecting it to go into "AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER etc etc". I didn't like it, but I can't deny you've wrote a nice pop song, pretty good melodies, pretty bland chord progressions and arrangements, but, it's a Pop song, not a Baroque piece, overall, good, I liked the change to double time in the prechorus/chorus, and I reckon it'd sound great if you were to record it.

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
CelestialGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Not metal or *core. Still cute. Reminds me of One Direction or These Hearts covering "We R Who We R" by Ke$ha. Would probably be really catchy with vocals. I'd suggest dropping the double-time pattern in the prechorus, it doesn't fit the rest of the song at all.

Last edited by Cavalcade : 09-23-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
Drapte

I could fap to this.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
Rokkstar

Are you sure this isn't metalcore...? What is metalcore? Examples?
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
Craziork

Metalcore is:

Miss May I - Relentless Chaos

TDWP - ATTRM

some exemples of chugging the open strings, lead guitars, root note riffs, sreaming vocals, pop clean vocals, not too much technical guitar playing (there are some metalcore band that are actually very technical but most aren't)

And some metalcore by me I've never uploaded:
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Everything Happens So Much.gp5 (25.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: gp5 Regrets.gp5 (18.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: gp5 Marathon.2.gp5 (42.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkstar
Are you sure this isn't metalcore...? What is metalcore? Examples?

yes, it is not anything close to metalcore. not saying your song wasn't well-written, though it's not my cup of tea.

anywho...

Dregen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziork
What is now commonly refereed to as Metalcore, despite having nothing to do with Hardcore and only certain tangential links to Metal and should probably be called PopCore or NuMetalcore is:

Miss May I - Relentless Chaos

TDWP - ATTRM

some exemples of chugging the open strings, lead guitars, root note riffs, sreaming vocals, pop clean vocals, not too much technical guitar playing (there are some metalcore band that are actually very technical but most aren't)

FTFY

Here's some modern tr00 metalcore for you.

Good shit yo, but I don't hate on "metalcore", some of it's fun, I like ABR and that kinda thing. I'll actually crit OP's song in a second.

Edit: Right... Jesus I can see where the "onedirectioncore" jokes are coming from. This is realistically too happy sounding to be called ANY kind of metal. I mean some genres are good at conveying positive emotions... Metal and any of it's linked genres are not it. This is Pop-Rock, nothing else. It's rather solidly constructed pop-rock despite it's repetitiveness and with some vocals it could easily go on the radio, but it's not really that amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-24-2013 at 11:42 AM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #14
Craziork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
FTFY

Here's some modern tr00 metalcore for you.

Good shit yo, but I don't hate on "metalcore", some of it's fun, I like ABR and that kinda thing. I'll actually crit OP's song in a second.

Edit: Right... Jesus I can see where the "onedirectioncore" jokes are coming from. This is realistically too happy sounding to be called ANY kind of metal. I mean some genres are good at conveying positive emotions... Metal and any of it's linked genres are not it. This is Pop-Rock, nothing else. It's rather solidly constructed pop-rock despite it's repetitiveness and with some vocals it could easily go on the radio, but it's not really that amazing.

Calm your tits... He asked for metalcore I gave him metalcore. Fix your ****ing head and know your place. And ''numetalcore'' ... stop making up genre acting like a metal historian. Thank you.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I'm perfectly calm man, you're the one getting all worked up and shouty. Chill out, you might learn something about how genres work.

If you want me to dude I can sit you down and explain why technically Miss May I aren't really metalcore but why they and lots of bands like them are still called metalcore (which is why people come up with other names to describe them, like numetalcore.) It's all about knowing your shit brosef and not many people care enough to know their shit.

And anyway... what does it matter if they're not metalcore... the music can still be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
numetalcore

I think you mean this:

(For the record, when I said OP sounded like "One Direction or These Hearts covering Ke$ha", that was a compliment. I love this sh!t.)

Last edited by Cavalcade : 09-24-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Craziork

Quote:
I'm perfectly calm man, you're the one getting all worked up and shouty. Chill out, you might learn something about how genres work.

If you want me to dude I can sit you down and explain why technically Miss May I aren't really metalcore but why they and lots of bands like them are still called metalcore (which is why people come up with other names to describe them, like numetalcore.) It's all about knowing your shit brosef and not many people care enough to know their shit.

And anyway... what does it matter if they're not metalcore... the music can still be good!

This is exactly what I'm talking about... You just won't shut it about the genres... In the first place I was giving directions to the Thread starter on how to sound metalcore and then you had to be THAT dude...
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #18
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about... You just won't shut it about the genres... In the first place I was giving directions to the Thread starter on how to sound metalcore and then you had to be THAT dude...

actually, i was that dude because i did it first...

Dregen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #19
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:

Dude. Chill. It's like this happens with every metalcore thread; someone says anything slightly negative, and you valiantly charge forth to defend the honor of the noble scene. You're white knighting a whole subgenre.
Just stop. "Defending" the music you listen to isn't worth getting worked up, or starting forum drama, over. Especially not if you go from "calm your tits" to "fix your ****ing head and know your place" in the same post.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #20
Craziork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Dude. Chill. It's like this happens with every metalcore thread; someone says anything slightly negative, and you valiantly charge forth to defend the honor of the noble scene. You're white knighting a whole subgenre.
Just stop. "Defending" the music you listen to isn't worth getting worked up, or starting forum drama, over. Especially not if you go from "calm your tits" to "fix your ****ing head and know your place" in the same post.

I know it's not the first time I get to be in an argument here and I hate it but it's like that. It keeps happening because people take a step or two a bit too far and I don't restrain myself to tell'em. But let's make it clear... I'm not a metalcore maniac, I'm not making myself a white knight and I'm ****in' calm right now. lol.
And if you check it out, I was the one trying to help the TS, not trying to expose some kind of knowledge about some underground bands where a single band is considered to be a genre itself.

And no Dregen you were not starting this.

Last edited by Craziork : 09-25-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Rate This Thread: