Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

This is good too:

Killing the Myths of Low Volume Amp Performance! (CECAmps)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1571081

Tnx fly

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : 10-05-2013 at 08:37 PM.
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #42
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #43
miketar

Well, I went to see my brother and nephew and I walked into guitar heaven. They have turned their rec room into a recording studio. They were putting the finishing touches on the mixer when I got there. My brother built custom cabinets for all of the recording equipment. My nephew has about 6 Suhr guitars, an American standard Strat, a Gibson LP (that I loved to play), and a couple of old Silvertones. My brother had a nice Martin acoustic, a Fender Bass and a Danelectro Longhorn Bass that is cheaply made but had great tone. They played through a combo of amps- 2 Mesa Boogie stacks, an old Epiphone amp, a vintage Fender Princeton stack, a Twin Reverb, a Blues Jr and a small Pignose. There were various pedals all over the floor. We went down to my nephews work a little later and it was a great experience. Almost totally vintage guitars and amps with very new stuff. What a treat! I got to play some really great vintage stuff there. Later that evening his band mates came over and we all stayed up until about 3 AM playing and I did a lot of learning and watching.
I learned a lot about technique, but I won't go into that now (another forum would be more appropriate). But, I also learned a ton about amps. I learned what it was like to play my guitar plugged into a real amp. I found out you can use a larger watt amp in a small room at low volumes, and with the right pedals get tons of OD and distortion and lots of great tones. Hearing all of the different tones and effects that amps and pedals can produce was a real education. My brother insists on getting me an old tube amp that will probably be around 15-20 watts. I told him no, but he said that those are the kinds of things that make you want to continue learning and he wants to make sure I continue on my journey. So, in the near future I will be playing through a small tube amp. He also had a couple of cords that allowed you to unplug from one guitar and plug into another without turning the volumes down on the amp and guitar, no pop or crackling from the amp. Got to get me one of them as I sometimes forget to turn both of mine down before unplugging.
I want to thank everyone again for the great education you have afforded me in this thread. I was surprised to get all the responses I did and really found out what a great forum this is with my first post. I will let everyone know what amp I end up with when I find out myself.

Mike

Last edited by miketar : 10-11-2013 at 11:01 PM.
miketar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #44
DeathByDestroyr
not autistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketar
Well, I went to see my brother and nephew and I walked into guitar heaven. They have turned their rec room into a recording studio. They were putting the finishing touches on the mixer when I got there. My brother built custom cabinets for all of the recording equipment. My nephew has about 6 Suhr guitars, an American standard Strat, a Gibson LP (that I loved to play), and a couple of old Silvertones. My brother had a nice Martin acoustic, a Fender Bass and a Danelectro Longhorn Bass that is cheaply made but had great tone. They played through a combo of amps- 2 Mesa Boogie stacks, an old Epiphone amp, a vintage Fender Princeton stack, a Twin Reverb, a Blues Jr and a small Pignose. There were various pedals all over the floor. We went down to my nephews work a little later and it was a great experience. Almost totally vintage guitars and amps with very new stuff. What a treat! I got to play some really great vintage stuff there. Later that evening his band mates came over and we all stayed up until about 3 AM playing and I did a lot of learning and watching.
I learned a lot about technique, but I won't go into that now (another forum would be more appropriate). But, I also learned a ton about amps. I learned what it was like to play my guitar plugged into a real amp. I found out you can use a larger watt amp in a small room at low volumes, and with the right pedals get tons of OD and distortion and lots of great tones. Hearing all of the different tones and effects that amps and pedals can produce was a real education. My brother insists on getting me an old tube amp that will probably be around 15-20 watts. I told him no, but he said that those are the kinds of things that make you want to continue learning and he wants to make sure I continue on my journey. So, in the near future I will be playing through a small tube amp. He also had a couple of cords that allowed you to unplug from one guitar and plug into another without turning the volumes down on the amp and guitar, no pop or crackling from the amp. Got to get me one of them as I sometimes forget to turn both of mine down before unplugging.
I want to thank everyone again for the great education you have afforded me in this thread. I was surprised to get all the responses I did and really found out what a great forum this is with my first post. I will let everyone know what amp I end up with when I find out myself.

Mike

For sure dude.
DeathByDestroyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: