Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
jld8111
Juicy J changed my life

Bugera

A little less than a year ago, I purchased a Bugera 6262 Infinium. Since then it has completely quit working on me three times. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

Behemoth

Strides

HERE
jld8111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Blackfire.
Per Mare Per Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld8111
A little less than a year ago, I purchased a Bugera 6262 Infinium. Since then it has completely quit working on me three times. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

I'm sure there's loads of them.
Blackfire. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
KG6_Steven
Serving Knowledge

Do a search on Bugera and I'm sure you'll find loads of problems. Their quality control is poor. If you want a good amp, don't buy a Bugera.
KG6_Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
supersac

their qc is questionable i know or ive heard that theyve gottne better at it
i recently saw a new v22 and it looked a bit better than my old one(parts wise not new v old)

but then again if youre goign to buy anything from bugera i recomend the V22 or 55 or v5 ive never heard anyone have ttrouble with that line cept for the old channel switching pedals not working or somethign but i never had problems with mine(this issue was eventually fixed

but yeah qc problems aside you get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
ikey_

had a V22 and for the most part is kinda a tank (for a cheap amp and for what i put it through).

for some reason, their V series are the most reliable amps. and coincidently some of their cheapest.
(crybaby, GFS tuner, CMAT Signa Drive, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Xotic EP Boost)
ikey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
psrj32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld8111

The 6262 doesn't seem to have a lot of issues either.

My 333xl is still chugging right along - still love it.

If you bought it NEW a year ago, and registered it, it is still under warranty. Call Bugera.
psrj32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Offworld92
One among the fence.

lol

inb4 311

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
MaaZeus

If you buy Bugera always buy it from a shop with good return policy and prepare for lottery. Their QC is horrid. If it acts up, return it immidietly for replacement. You may eventually get a good one that works properly and wont crap out on you.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
cha33 armstrong
in it to win it

Yeah bugera are shite

Just dont look at my sig/rig
Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Bugera has had some well known problems, but the claims of their abject QA failures are grossly overstated.

Everyone bitches about a lemon, you seldom hear about the hundreds with no problems.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Roc8995

Bugera owners chime in all the time when we get these threads, saying that their personal amps still work. Do we need a thread every week on the lack of failures? "Still have my 6262, no smoke yet" ?

The Thomann numbers posted a while ago before Thomann pulled them indicated that Bugera's failure rate was significantly higher than any other amp maker. Nobody's ever said that every bugera breaks, but it is worth noting that their failure rate is seriously anomalous. Besides, this thread is specifically asking about Bugera failures, bitching about lemons is exactly what's to be expected here.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Robbgnarly

Oh its this thread again................
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Bugera owners chime in all the time when we get these threads, saying that their personal amps still work. Do we need a thread every week on the lack of failures? "Still have my 6262, no smoke yet" ?

The Thomann numbers posted a while ago before Thomann pulled them indicated that Bugera's failure rate was significantly higher than any other amp maker. Nobody's ever said that every bugera breaks, but it is worth noting that their failure rate is seriously anomalous. Besides, this thread is specifically asking about Bugera failures, bitching about lemons is exactly what's to be expected here.

This appears to be a response to me?

I think you missed my point?

I also remember the Thomann numbers a little differently than you apparently?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
Roc8995

Here are the Thomann numbers.
Peavey: 1.47% failure rate
Burgera: 2.14% failure rate
Behringer: .72% failure rate
Marshall: .62% failure rate
Fender: .33% failure rate
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:

Let's run with those.

A market entry bargain price point manufacturer with a failure rate only .67% higher than an established market leader with a full price point range of products?

I'd say that's a win?

FWIW, I seem to recall one set of numbers where Peavey was higher than Bugera, but I may be mistaken.

And my initial point was not that Bugera is a shining star but that they aren't the catastrophe that some appear to believe.

I have no skin in the game, I don't own one, but I would if I had a need and the price was right.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
psrj32

Quote:

Also, I wouldn't go by these numbers. Being unsure of the way they get these numbers, they probably aren't fair numbers.

I seriously doubt that they keep track of 100% of the amps they distribute. Those are failure rates from that distributor only. Maybe musicians friend only has a .00000005% failure rate on Bugera. Who knows?

Not likely.

Although I'm not arguing that Bugera doesn't have some QC issues, I've seen many more Mesa, Marshall, Fender, and Peavey amps in the local repair shop on the counter.

They all have potential issues. If you're worried about your amp exploding, don't take the chance on Bugera. Its that easy.

I will say that in the past 6 months or so that my 333xl has taken a BEATING... I want it to catch fire or something so I can justify buying an Egnater. haha lets see how long itll keep up.

Last edited by psrj32 : 10-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
psrj32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #18
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by psrj32
Also, I wouldn't go by these numbers. Being unsure of the way they get these numbers, they probably aren't fair numbers.

I seriously doubt that they keep track of 100% of the amps they distribute. Those are failure rates from that distributor only. Maybe musicians friend only has a .00000005% failure rate on Bugera. Who knows?

Not likely.

Although I'm not arguing that Bugera doesn't have some QC issues, I've seen many more Mesa, Marshall, Fender, and Peavey amps in the local repair shop on the counter.

They all have potential issues. If you're worried about your amp exploding, don't take the chance on Bugera. Its that easy.

I will say that in the past 6 months or so that my 333xl has taken a BEATING... I want it to catch fire or something so I can justify buying an Egnater. haha lets see how long itll keep up.

I agree that those numbers don't represent as a whole, but that is alarmingly high for only one retailer wouldn't you say?

You have seen more "other brands" in the shop, but for what? most likely it is tube swaps and biasing. Also the other brands you mention have been around for 40+ years vs the <10 yrs Bugera has hit the market.

I have the 333 and it is a good sounding amp for sure, but I would never gig with out a backup.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Old 10-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
I agree that those numbers don't represent as a whole, but that is alarmingly high for only one retailer wouldn't you say?

No.

Which has been my contention all along..

The numbers say that for every 100 amps shipped, less than 3 will be returned.

That's a far cry from the hysteria often seen here. Should it be less? Sure. But it's not a massive number to begin with. The numbers say that if you buy one the odds are massively in your favor that it will work fine.

Quantitative thinking says that what we see here is bandwagoning, not factual discussion.

Last edited by Arby911 : 10-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
No.

Which has been my contention all along..

The numbers say that for every 100 amps shipped, less than 3 will be returned.

That's a far cry from the hysteria often seen here. Should it be less? Sure. But it's not a massive number to begin with. The numbers say that if you buy one the odds are massively in your favor that it will work fine.

Quantitative thinking says that what we see here is bandwagoning, not factual discussion.

When compared to the others, I'd say it is significantly higher

Like I said I own one and I have had problems with it, most would have had a hard time doing the work if they could do it them selves. Actually I know 4 people other than me who own Bugeras and all but 1 person has had issues with them.

That to me means that there is a very large likely-hood that you will have problems with them. No, that does not mean you are guaranteed to have issues, but I'd be very leary of them if it is your only amp
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: