Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #1
alonbas

looper

hi!
i want to buy a looper pedal up to 200$ . my three options are the ditto looper, rc3, digitech xt solo. if you have another looper let me know.
drum machine is important to me such as auto record, but the sound qualty is more important than them. so i wanted to know if there is diffrence in the sound qualty between the rc 3 digitech and ditto.
and which of the rc 3 and digitech has more and better features (such as rhythm auto record)? jamsync is not important to me .
alonbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
Shor

I'd also look into the RC2 if you want to spend less money for some reason!
I got both RC2 and RC3, and I kinda prefer the RC2 in many ways.
More drum patterns (less realistic though).
I'm not sure if it was me not bothering to read the manual enough, but I couldn't figure out how to get the RC3 to be on auto record when I start it up, whereas on the RC2 you had a set position with the knob that said auto...so in that aspect I'd prefer the RC2.

Although had I been looking to buy one today, I'd just go for the ditto looper or the Flashback X4, as I don't really need to store any loops.
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
alonbas

the rc 2 has only 16 min ... some other comments please
Old 10-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Get the rc 3, or the 30 if you can.

Easy to use, loads of features, unlimited fun!

I'm selling a 30 if you're in the UK.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
ikey_

if you are actually going to be looping in a gig, like multiple minute tracks or 2-3 tracks at once, a Ditto will simply not suit. plain and simple. its a trinket, an effect, not a serious tool in my book.

don't get me wrong, i love TC, but i know friends with legit loopers and i owned a ditto only to be somewhat disappointed. i mean, its 130 bucks with 1 knob, what do you expect it to do?

it was fun to noodle with. and i bought a TV flashback, so i sold the looper (flashback can loop). it was fun in my bedroom, but i would not gig with it, unless just a small 4 bar part.
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Accountant Comp, GFS tuner, CMAT Signa Drive, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb)
ikey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

The RC3. It has 10 different drum tracks (which is not many, but with 99 loop tracks you can easily pre record new ones) and it has 3 hours of recording time. Like i said there are 99 tracks to record on so you have plenty to work with.

The way you manage the recording modes and playback by using the pedal switch itself is a little confusing and counter intuitive at first, but watching a tutorial for 5 minutes then fiddling with it solves any problems like that. The Boss RC3 is easily THE best loop pedal for under $150. The sound quality is not diminished whatsoever after it's recorded, either. Great looper.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
alonbas

under 150$ ? where can i get it in this price?
ill be in manhatten in a few days

Last edited by alonbas : 10-29-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Used.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Yeah you can get em used in good condition for as low as $100. I got mine brand new though, i think it was $179
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: