Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

is ZoS 2 better than ZoS 1?

i already know the zen of screaming is relatively useless. but my friend told me that the second one is actually a little useful for "at least not hurting yourself"

is he right?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
merriman44

Not really. I have both. Zos 2 will teach you little more than 1 until you are good at fry screaming. All it does is teach refinement. If anything, get ahold of her scream extra audio CD. It will at least help you get the sound and get it stable.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by merriman44
Not really. I have both. Zos 2 will teach you little more than 1 until you are good at fry screaming. All it does is teach refinement. If anything, get ahold of her scream extra audio CD. It will at least help you get the sound and get it stable.

duly noted

but, considering im really trying to learn fry screams, and im probably nowhere near on the right track, would you recommend i get it? my birthday is coming up soon, so i wouldnt have to spend money on it

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
merriman44

Get the CD. Its cheaper and will help you get back on track. If you decide that was money well spent, then consider grabbing zos 2. I also suggest looking into Jaime vendaras screaming lessons. Not fry, but applicable.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
UnmagicMushroom
Banded

I've had both of them, and they're pretty useless for the most part. Just a whole bunch of people saying how cool Melissa Cross is or whatever.

UnmagicMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Get the CD. Its cheaper and will help you get back on track. If you decide that was money well spent, then consider grabbing zos 2. I also suggest looking into Jaime vendaras screaming lessons. Not fry, but applicable.

well my (somewhat unrealistic) goal is to become at least a little competent with all three screams (false chord, fry, power fry), but my ideal screams would be false chord lows, and regular fry for the the rest

learning power fry screams would just be icing on the cake

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
merriman44

You are already semi competent with False cord schtuff. I've heard it.

The fry technique is just going to take alot of time and frustration. I got the Cross technique down and but it's way too weak to ever be applicable so I abandoned it for Vendara's material. So far, I've got a decently loud, more articulate scream out of it. It's mostly about the placement of the note upon the soft pallete to get it to resonate while supporting with downward, constant pressure on the diaphragm.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
You are already semi competent with False cord schtuff. I've heard it.

The fry technique is just going to take alot of time and frustration. I got the Cross technique down and but it's way too weak to ever be applicable so I abandoned it for Vendara's material. So far, I've got a decently loud, more articulate scream out of it. It's mostly about the placement of the note upon the soft pallete to get it to resonate while supporting with downward, constant pressure on the diaphragm.

well if veranda doesnt teach fry screams, then what material does he teach? because ive already almost got my false chord lows back, now i just need a shit ton of help with fry screams

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
merriman44

I'm not terribly sure. It involves true fold closure, as fry does. However it relies a lot more on soft pallete and uvula vibrations for distortion. So the distortion is less true fold based. Still, it sounds a bit like fry. Look him up, he is quite a trainer.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

hey, as long as it sounds like fry screams ill definitely check it out. thanks once again merriman lol

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Rate This Thread: