Better LG than AQ Shipley

Baltimore Orioles: 35-33
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2013: 8-8
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #82
institutions
i ply base

So, for the 3rd Pokemon to appear, you both have to be online at the same time and the other person has to have defeated the Elite 4.
When you encounter that 3rd Pokemon and add it to the possible list from the person, does it stay available to find if they then go offline, or can you only find it while they're online?

I can leave my 3DS on and plugged in if anyone wants my 3rd (i'd kinda like to know what it is as well
Edit: Ah nvm no I can't. It won't let you stay online if you close the 3DS to put it in sleep mode or w/e they call it. Ah well.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: la noire, modded skyrim, the witcher 2

Last edited by institutions : 10-28-2013 at 11:27 PM.
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #83
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

I have yours on the list it's Cloyster

No, once you're online at the same time as that person and it reveals their 3rd Pokemon you have access to it whenever.

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014
46-21-15
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #84
institutions
i ply base

Oh good.

Cloyster? :S Poo.

Nietsche, you should add me. You got dat Ivysaur in yours and I want <3

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: la noire, modded skyrim, the witcher 2

Last edited by institutions : 10-28-2013 at 11:34 PM.
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #85
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Cloyster is good though Piloswine/Mamoswine is the better 3rd slot for Ice, but Cloyster is a close 2nd.

I'm so conflicted whether to run Huge Power Azumarill or Protean Greninja on my new team... it involves Baton Passing speed and attack boosts so Azumarill naturally fits the bill.. but I already have a slow water type physical attacker on my team. OR should I take him off and run Protean Greninja and Huge Power Azumarill? So many choices so little time...

Hmmm....

46-21-15
Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #86
darkcheef
☆☆☆

Isn't Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill a thing now?
darkcheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #87
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

It is, but Azumarill doesn't have the bulk to pull off Belly Drum I don't think. You'd have to predict the opponent to switch or set up, because any neutral attack with decent BP will probably kill it. Much too risky, throw a Choice Band on him and have Huge Power. That's plenty of firepower.

I really want to share my strategy for it on here but idk if I'll be battling any of you at some point

Let's just say Baton Pass with some very scary boosts will help him out a lot

46-21-15
Old 10-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #88
darkcheef
☆☆☆

I think it can survive a good bit if you put most of his EVs in defenses and HP since Belly Drum will give you more than enough attack, but yeah speed would be a concern because even a Belly Drum Aqua Jet wouldn't OHKO common tanks like Skarmory and he could just Whirlwind you out to lose the boosts
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #89
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

I think I've added everyone who's posted their FC now. Time to get catching!

edgeyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #90
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Well don't forget Azumarill lost no weaknesses and gained one, as well as losing a resistance (it did get dragon immunity, and if you run sap sipper that's two).

I think Azumarill will become more of a threat with its new ability to likely OHKO Dragon, Dark, and Fighting types with Play Rough, but I don't think it will quite make it up to higher tiers. Too many common threats just wall it. Unless you're passing speed to it it's easily countered by Venusaur who is becoming even more popular, or Aegislash who is dominating the metagame right now.

The real new story to look at in my eyes is Adaptability Crawdaunt, who gained Aqua Jet as an egg move. It has the power of Azumarill with actual bulk and more coverage.

46-21-15

Last edited by Rockford_rocks : 10-29-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #91
guitargodofaus
Billion, with a B

Is anyone willing to trade game exclusives at one point in time. I have x.

It hit a wheelchair bound spastic in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripple07
A girl was rim-jobbing me and I purposely shit all over her mouth and face.

Flickr
guitargodofaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #92
darkcheef
☆☆☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford_rocks
Well don't forget Azumarill lost no weaknesses and gained one, as well as losing a resistance (it did get dragon immunity, and if you run sap sipper that's two).

I think Azumarill will become more of a threat with its new ability to likely OHKO Dragon, Dark, and Fighting types with Play Rough, but I don't think it will quite make it up to higher tiers. Too many common threats just wall it. Unless you're passing speed to it it's easily countered by Venusaur who is becoming even more popular, or Aegislash who is dominating the metagame right now.

The real new story to look at in my eyes is Adaptability Crawdaunt, who gained Aqua Jet as an egg move. It has the power of Azumarill with actual bulk and more coverage.

Yeah Crawdaunt looks pretty good, I'm excited for Mega Mawile too. I thought he was the coolest looking Mega evolution and his defenses are pretty good plus he gets Huge Power with a good base attack.

678 base power is going to put a good dent in most things even if they resist the attack, and it gets even crazier if you Baton Pass a few speed boosts to him or Swords Dance and Sucker Punch anything to death
Old 10-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #93
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

I spent last night running some tests on Pokémon Showdown, and I can tell you if Mega Maw is as good ingame as it is there it's almost broken

PS isn't perfect yet though, for example it really pisses me off that using Sucker Punch on a King's Shielded Aegislash lowers your attack when ingame it does not. I've lost to a couple Aegislashes who couldn't touch me otherwise that way

46-21-15

Last edited by Rockford_rocks : 10-29-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #94
rprdo

Can someone help me getting scizor? I already have scyther and the metal coat, but Im new to nintendo 3ds and I dont really know how to use the friends system, someone willing to help me ?

Friend Code: 1693 - 1825 - 1579

Edit: Does pokemon ever get laggy on your ds ? I just bought my 3ds, and sometimes it gets laggy during combat animations, especially with 3D on, my ds is just 4 days old, I would just like to know if that is normal, thanks.

Edit: Goddammit, now 3d wont work, what the hell, it didnt even touch the ground, and I didnt ever use strenght with it, it still work sometimes, I just need to turn on and off several times.

Last edited by rprdo : 10-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.
rprdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #95
top shelf

Just added everyone on the list so far. I think my mii name is Sbbass or something along those lines.

I'm playing Y right now, but I have both versions. I haven't gotten to the Elite Four, I have 7 badges, about to get the 8th. If I'm online, I'll gladly help out anyone with trades.
top shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #96
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprdo
Can someone help me getting scizor? I already have scyther and the metal coat, but Im new to nintendo 3ds and I dont really know how to use the friends system, someone willing to help me ?

Friend Code: 1693 - 1825 - 1579

Edit: Does pokemon ever get laggy on your ds ? I just bought my 3ds, and sometimes it gets laggy during combat animations, especially with 3D on, my ds is just 4 days old, I would just like to know if that is normal, thanks.

Edit: Goddammit, now 3d wont work, what the hell, it didnt even touch the ground, and I didnt ever use strenght with it, it still work sometimes, I just need to turn on and off several times.

Yeah, the combat isn't the smoothest with the 3D on. Which is fine, I don't think it adds much anyway. In general the 3DS's 3D tends to not add much or hurt my eyes. I just leave it off.

Add me, I'll be on for a little while and I can help you evolve your Scizor.

46-21-15
Old 10-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #97
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
Nietsche, you should add me. You got dat Ivysaur in yours and I want <3

Added you

Edit:

And added everyone else in the OP.

Last edited by Nietsche : 10-29-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #98
matt bickerton
wants a better username

I still can't afford to buy a 3DS (**** getting a 2DS), so I'm currently just replaying SoulSilver
matt bickerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #99
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Time for some hot Dunsparce on Piloswine action.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #100
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietsche
Time for some hot Dunsparce on Piloswine action.

46-21-15

Rate This Thread: