Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
jbm351

which is better?

So I hope to get a new guitar soon, but im stuck between a fender acoustic electric cd-140sce and the fender acoustic electric cd-220sce. Can anybody explain the differences and which is better?
jbm351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

i can't see anything other than the backside stripe that would justify the $150 differential. the neck widths are slightly different. both are laminate back and sides which means that tonally, they will be very similar. laminate material will sound the same whether it be the mohogany, ash burl or ovangkol(similar to rosewood) veneer on the outside.
why may i ask are these 2 the choices? Fender's acoustic guitars are historically horrible. for that amount of money , you can get a much better all solid wood guitar with much better tone and sustain.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
jbm351

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
i can't see anything other than the backside stripe that would justify the $150 differential. the neck widths are slightly different. both are laminate back and sides which means that tonally, they will be very similar. laminate material will sound the same whether it be the mohogany, ash burl or ovangkol(similar to rosewood) veneer on the outside.
why may i ask are these 2 the choices? Fender's acoustic guitars are historically horrible. for that amount of money , you can get a much better all solid wood guitar with much better tone and sustain.
Honestly all I've been able to actually hold is the cd-sce140. Can you recommend a good guitar *with a cutaway* around maybe 400$?
jbm351 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: