Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
mikeYekim
Curses & Cranberries!!

Way overdue NGD!!

This year I bought an acoustic, my first one since my first guitar (Which was an Epiphone DR-100 or something). I walked into the music shop to buy a set of strings and decided to look at the acoustics, a Yamaha FG700MS caught my eye, particularly its matte finish and a price tag of 170$. I didn't want to put it down, the neck felt very comfortable, there was no fret buzz, it had a solid top and it sounded really beautiful. I'm sure there are better acoustics out there but I haven't played one at such a high quality at such a low price.

This thing stays in tune VERY well, I hardly ever have to tweak the tuning keys, and when I do it's just that, tweaking. I had to leave for training for a few months, and when I came back home she was in tune just as I left her.

I can't think of a better guitar to buy if you're a beginner wanting to get into guitar, or just someone on a budget like myself that can't afford to spend their paychecks on big names, than the Yamaha FG700S (The MS is discontinued, unfortunately)

mikeYekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeYekim
...[ ].....I can't think of a better guitar to buy if you're a beginner wanting to get into guitar, or just someone on a budget like myself that can't afford to spend their paychecks on big names, than the Yamaha FG700S (The MS is discontinued, unfortunately)
Well, there's no shame in not being able to spring for a status axe. Besides, a fresh string set, a good tuning , and a decent player can make a little money go a long way in making music.

I keep feeling guilty for not owning one of those, since I am culpable for recommending them time and again. But, everybody comes back elated that has bought one.

I would spring for the FGX-700 electric guy model, but I'm a lefty, so no joy.

Anyway, happy new guitar day, play it long, loud, and in good health.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 11-04-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
stepchildusmc

lucky you. i've played a few of those. they sound and feel as good as a lot of guitars that price out as much as 10x more.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
ghobby

HNGD Enjoy......they are very solid guitars and sound decent too. I've had one for six years, its still in good shape stays in tune forever, takes beatings from the kids and is still fun to play.
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Dreal

A good ole yammy is hard to beat in that price range.

Enjoy.
Dreal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: