Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
 
Deliriumbassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Presidential Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Ibanez
He was suspended and they're turning his $42m mansion into a refuge for the poor.

source

I've never seen a pope that actually gets things done before.


I read that the bishop flew in to the Vatican with Easyjet, and the Pope made him wait a week before granting him an audience to explain himself. So, a Pope who does great things and knows how to make people shit themselves.
__________________
YES! YES! YES!

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
progdude93
Banned
 
progdude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Ibanez
He was suspended and they're turning his $42m mansion into a refuge for the poor.

source

I've never seen a pope that actually gets things done before.


No they're not. I mean, they might be, but there's nothing official. It seems a rumor was started. And he wasn't suspended, he was moved to a monastery.

It seems the internet rumor machine is at twerk again..
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
Gantz92
Registered User
 
Gantz92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
You know who else is a really nice guy? Mitt Romney. Look at this guy helping the victims of hurricane Sandy. What a saint, God bless him. Why did all you selfish americans vote for Obama instead of a good hearted humanitarian like Mitt Romney?
Gantz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist
 
Thrill-house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^ lol he's handing out food for people to hand back to him so his "food drive" (or something) looks like a success.


I'm not making that up, he actually did just that one time.
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks
 
zomgguitarz1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz92
You know who else is a really nice guy? Mitt Romney. Look at this guy helping the victims of hurricane Sandy. What a saint, God bless him. Why did all you selfish americans vote for Obama instead of a good hearted humanitarian like Mitt Romney?

Didn't he or his running mate break into a soup ******* to take photos like they where helping, but in actuality where cleaning dishes already done?
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
Gantz92
Registered User
 
Gantz92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
^ lol he's handing out food for people to hand back to him so his "food drive" (or something) looks like a success.


I'm not making that up, he actually did just that one time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgguitarz1234
Didn't he or his running mate break into a soup ******* to take photos like they where helping, but in actuality where cleaning dishes already done?


Stop slandering the name of a honorable man with your lies. There is obviously photographic evidence of Mitt Romney helping the poor so why do you even bother trying to fool people into thinking he's some kind of greedy egomaniac?
Gantz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #27
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
 
HypernovaGlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Popes gonna pope
__________________
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye
CHIMPS>WOLVES
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
HypernovaGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist
 
Thrill-house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz92
Stop slandering the name of a honorable man with your lies. There is obviously photographic evidence of Mitt Romney helping the poor so why do you even bother trying to fool people into thinking he's some kind of greedy egomaniac?

I'll play along. Mitten's "food drive"
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
I.O.T.M
UG's Malcolm Tucker
 
I.O.T.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Durovernum Cantiacorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenlee55
He may be an alright guy, but he's the head of the Catholic church, possibly one of the most corrupt institutions in the world, which doesn't think twice about helping pedophiles hid from the law, helping the spread of aids (Claiming condoms increase risk of aids, in Africa) and one that preaches giving yet is probably richer than some countries.

Totally, it's not as if they actually do anything with their wealth.



And your claim that they're 'helping the spread of AIDS' is ridiculous. If you give someone a condom but don't give them a proper sexual education on how to use it, you encourage them to engage in risky sexual activity which may result in contracting AIDS. Also it isn't as if they simply condemn the use of condoms without suggesting an alternative. Whilst I disagree with the Catholic Church's stance on most sexual issues, promoting abstinence in places where AIDS is high is a good way of preventing AIDS: if people don't have sex, they definitely won't get AIDS or spread AIDS through sexual intercourse; if people only have sex with their partners who they know to be free of the disease, they will not get AIDS. When you also take into account that condoms aren't 100% effective, the Catholic position gains more legitimacy, even if it is founded on the false belief that contraception is evil.
__________________
CHELSEA FC

Stood by the gate at the foot of the garden,
Watching them pass like clouds in the sky,
Try to cry out in the heat of the moment,
Possessed by a fury that burns from inside.


#QPRRelegationParty2k15
I.O.T.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #30
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
itt: nobody respects Renegade Pope
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #31
chaoticfables
Uesgistered Rser
 
chaoticfables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Noitacol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
itt: nobody respects Renegade Pope

such pope
good miracle
so popeular
christianity
__________________
my e-wife
mdwallin

tanlumits
a hip-hop project
soundcloud
youtube
chaoticfables is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #32
progdude93
Banned
 
progdude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.O.T.M
And your claim that they're 'helping the spread of AIDS' is ridiculous. If you give someone a condom but don't give them a proper sexual education on how to use it, you encourage them to engage in risky sexual activity which may result in contracting AIDS. Also it isn't as if they simply condemn the use of condoms without suggesting an alternative. Whilst I disagree with the Catholic Church's stance on most sexual issues, promoting abstinence in places where AIDS is high is a good way of preventing AIDS: if people don't have sex, they definitely won't get AIDS or spread AIDS through sexual intercourse; if people only have sex with their partners who they know to be free of the disease, they will not get AIDS. When you also take into account that condoms aren't 100% effective, the Catholic position gains more legitimacy, even if it is founded on the false belief that contraception is evil.


what they do with their wealth is irrelevant. especially considering how incredibly wealthy the vatican is.

but yeah, they're helping the spread of AIDS. i don't know if you've had sex, but using condoms is pretty easy. you put it on, you stick your penis in a vagina or butthole, you pull partially out, and then you start all over from step 2 as many times as necessary until the job is done.

yeah, some people who aren't given sexual education might think double bagging is beneficial rather than detrimental. but it's still better than straight rawdogging.

also, THEY'RE ALREADY ENGAGING IN SEXUAL BEHAVIOR THAT COULD RESULT IN AIDS! THAT'S WHY ~25% OF THE GODDAMN POPULATION IS BEING RAVAGED BY IT! 69% (it's a ****ing joke) of the world's HIV/AIDS victims are in Africa.

The problem is already incredibly severe, and abstinence is an idea that's been around for ****ing forever. It doesn't ****ing work. Sex is one of the few things that makes life worth living for people in war zones living in abject poverty. And you're defending taking it away from them instead of giving them condoms so they can do it safely?!

Yeah, a condom is not 100% effective. But it's really ****ing effective. The Catholic church's position has NO legitimacy. Especially since it's based on moral self-importance.

Seriously. Preventing something that would save lives just because it doesn't fit your moral standards. It's not even like they're "indecent." They may contribute to a culture Catholics don't approve of, but the only reason they're wrong is because god said so. And you dare defend causing irreparable harm to countless people on the basis of an imaginary man in the sky saying so? lol

I'm not trying to say shit like "religion is evil," because there are plenty of religious people who wouldn't dare force things like this on people. But this shit is evil.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #33
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
also, THEY'RE ALREADY ENGAGING IN SEXUAL BEHAVIOR THAT COULD RESULT IN AIDS! THAT'S WHY ~25% OF THE GODDAMN POPULATION IS BEING RAVAGED BY IT! 69% (it's a ****ing joke) of the world's HIV/AIDS victims are in Africa.


"Oh boy, aids is everywhere, but i'm still going to have a bunch of sex without condoms because I am a genius!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
The problem is already incredibly severe, and abstinence is an idea that's been around for ****ing forever. It doesn't ****ing work.


It does work, people just don't practice it.

Last edited by bradulator : 11-07-2013 at 09:21 PM.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks
 
zomgguitarz1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
I'll play along. Mitten's "food drive"

It's just hilarious how blatantly shady politicians can be and they still will only lose by like a ~1% margin.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #35
progdude93
Banned
 
progdude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
It does work, people just don't practice it.


It doesn't work because people don't practice it. Yeah, if nobody had sex, STDs wouldn't spread. But that's not realistic. People are going to have sex. Promoting abstinence doesn't work in high school, it doesn't work in college, and it doesn't work in the third world either.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
It doesn't work because people don't practice it. Yeah, if nobody had sex, STDs wouldn't spread. But that's not realistic. People are going to have sex. Promoting abstinence doesn't work in high school, it doesn't work in college, and it doesn't work in the third world either.


So why is it the Catholic church's fault that people are stupid? They didn't invent aids and force everybody to have sex with eachother.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
progdude93
Banned
 
progdude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
But they did prevent them from getting condoms..

edit: are you saying that preventing something that could have prevented needless harm isn't immoral because people are inflicting the harm on themselves?

Because by that logic, we shouldn't fund suicide hotlines or help people with depression either. We should just let them die because they're stupid and doing it to themselves.

Or maybe that's stupid..

Last edited by progdude93 : 11-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I was pretty clear. If you're going to have sex in a place where you have a good chance of getting aids, it's your fault.

Last edited by bradulator : 11-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
He seems like much less of a cunt than the last Pope.
__________________
Hors Phase~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Now I know I can't be pope. Couldn't touch that dude. LET ALONE KISS HIM!
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.