Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #41
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
 
Emenius Sleepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Черный пес Петербург
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloween4Ever
The 2nd page of this thread is total false.

Prepare to be defalsified in Eb.



Medieeval steeeel, cuts false like a knife
Warriors on the baaattlefieeeld
Laying down their lives for kvlt
__________________
[i]
"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
Ozzy87_2
Registered User
 
Ozzy87_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele
Well Slayer and Deicide do it, so why not?
__________________
SAATANA ON HERRA
Ozzy87_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
schwinginbatman
Excuse me, good sir!
 
schwinginbatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kansas
Here's some more for you.



__________________
MINECRAFT!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashIsWin
It's like someone listening to some really old blues or whatever and going, "What a prick. Obviously you ****ing 'woke up this morning'. Twat."
schwinginbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #44
Black Ox
Registered Abuser
 
Black Ox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
RIP Dimebag, best bass player Megadeth ever had.

SIX GUN KID https://www.facebook.com/6gunkid
Black Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #45
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
havent really been a big fan of motorhead, but their new song heartbreaker is pretty sweet
__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #46
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger
 
The Virtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BodÝ, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
havent really been a big fan of motorhead, but their new song heartbreaker is pretty sweet



Why don't you just tell us you hate the metal gods!?! It's fucking Lemmy. No one can say he or she likes metal and dislike Motorhead. I'm going to make a fucking ruling on this right now. You don't insult Lemmy. Period. Next thing you're going to be saying Quorthon is mediocre!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #47
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
Why don't you just tell us you hate the metal gods!?! It's fucking Lemmy. No one can say he or she likes metal and dislike Motorhead. I'm going to make a fucking ruling on this right now. You don't insult Lemmy. Period. Next thing you're going to be saying Quorthon is mediocre!

at what point did i insult either lemmy, or motorhead? i actually think lemmy is a ****ing awesome dude
im only saying theyre not a band id go out of my way to listen to

__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by pAWNlol : 11-11-2013 at 11:20 PM.
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #48
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger
 
The Virtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BodÝ, Norway
^You insult Lemmy by not being a fan of Motorhead. You can't just walk into an American Literature class and say, "You know, I'm not a big fan of William Faulkner." The same applies for a few metal bands (Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.) I'm curious, how much Motorhead have you actually listened to? And given your recent admission of not even knowing who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity were, I'm willing to bet you don't like them because you haven't actually listened to them. Just a thought. Prove me wrong if you want of course.

Observe:


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #49
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
^You insult Lemmy by not being a fan of Motorhead. You can't just walk into an American Literature class and say, "You know, I'm not a big fan of William Faulkner." The same applies for a few metal bands (Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.) I'm curious, how much Motorhead have you actually listened to? And given your recent admission of not even knowing who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity were, I'm willing to bet you don't like them because you haven't actually listened to them. Just a thought. Prove me wrong if you want of course.


so, every band that im not a fan of, im insulting? seems legit

also, are YOU a fan of william faulkner?
__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by pAWNlol : 11-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #50
progbass
UG Resident
 
progbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Virtuoso is a philosophy major. You tell me.
__________________
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
progbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #51
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger
 
The Virtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BodÝ, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
so, every band that im not a fan of, im insulting? seems legit

also, are YOU a fan of william faulkner?



I am just going to stop responding to you if you keep posting memes like a little kid. Of course it you just want me to leave you alone, then that's fine. My point is this: You self identify as a metalhead, yet you claim you are not a big fan of Motorhead, who are one of the biggest, and most influential bands in the genre. I find this somewhat perplexing. I am not going to tell you that you have to like Motorhead, but I am trying to convince you that perhaps you should like them because not only are they very important in metal history, but I think they are a great band, and I think anyone who claims to like metal should at least familiarize him or herself with the genre's greats. Before some of you internet trolls try to jump down my throat, notice that I am making a value claim. I am not saying that objectively Motorhead is the finest band in existence, but I am saying instead that I think, if you identify with this genre, then you ought to at least respect Motorhead's contribution if not just be a fan of the band. I am putting forth more of an opinion than an incontrovertible fact. I certainly could have been clearer, and I was being childish before. My apologies. I am working off the assumption that you don't like them because you don't know them, and my evidence is that you don't even know who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity are. All I will say is this. Give Ace of Spades or Orgasmatron a chance. You're certainly welcome to dislike them, but please don't just write them off like I assume you are doing. Of course my assumption could be wrong, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, yes. I am a fan of William Faulkner. I am also majoring in Literature.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.

Last edited by The Virtuoso : 11-12-2013 at 01:46 AM.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #52
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf
 
NosferatuZodd09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ask?
I completely disagree with the whole "if you dont like/love X band" thing. That is all. Carry on.

hmm though then again, Ive never considered myself a metalhead so much as a guy that loves music and 80% of what I listen to happens to be metal.

Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 : 11-12-2013 at 03:59 AM.
NosferatuZodd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #53
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
thank you noferatu lol

but let me ask you this virtuoso: do you like EVERY "great" metal band?

you dont have to like every episode of big bang theory to be a fan of it, you dont have to like every horror movie to be a fan of horror, you dont have to like every play to be a fan of broadway, and you dont have to like every car to be a car person (in fact, car people usually talk the most shit on cars)

so now, does one have to like every band in a genre to be a fan of it? or does one only have to enjoy and appreciate it above other genres?

i call myself a metalhead because its been the genre ive related to the most since i was 7, and no amount of bigotry or metal elitism challenging my loyalty will tell me otherwise

also, i do respect motorhead, i respect the shit out of lemmy, and at no point did i say otherwise; you did

for a philosophy and literature major, you certainly seem to take things out of context a lot lol
__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #54
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Speaking of Quothorn:

Eb.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #55
EqualOfHeaven
The Great Sage
 
EqualOfHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gypsy Witchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
lol uuum, no. ill admit i dont have an extensive musical library, but please dont challenge my knowledge with two VERY well known bands


That was the point... I was comparing Kalmah to those bands because I've met just as many part-time metal fans that are into Kalmah as I have with the afformentioned radio-friendly pop death metal bands. I assure you neither I nor EqualOfHeaven enterprises or any of our affiliates have any intention of challenging your knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Speaking of Quothorn:


Indeed, let's.

show


I have nothing to say but EQ-UIMAN-THOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRNN
__________________
Vinland, Vinland ‹ber Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
EqualOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #56
J_W
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I have 4 guitars that I play regularly, they are all tuned to Eb. A buddy I jam with wants to write songs in Drop tunings, I told him "What's next, are we going to start writing 5 minute breakdowns now?"

Last edited by J_W : 11-12-2013 at 07:00 PM.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #57
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_W
I have 4 guitars that I play regularly, they are all tuned to Eb. A buddy I jam with wants to write songs in Drop tunings, I told him "What's next, are we going to start writing 5 minute breakdowns now?"

granted i cant remember the last time i wrote in a dropped tuning (and thats on purpose), theyre not necessarily bad; like many other things in life, its how you use it

(just so you know)
-Tool plays in dropped D
-All that remains (currently) plays in C# standard
Tool > ATR

but still, neither are "the tuning of champions"

__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #58
garlic_bredhead
Registered User
 
garlic_bredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: land of the free and home of the whopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepulix
C# standard is superior.


Damn straight bro.



But Eb is great too


Last edited by garlic_bredhead : 11-12-2013 at 11:21 PM.
garlic_bredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #59
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo
 
pAWNlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by garlic_bredhead
But Eb is great too


i was just considering posting some old AIC. btw, thats their best album in my opinion

to be honest, new AIC bothers me
__________________
How funny is this joke?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #60
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
 
Kytokinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Following my self-preservation drive
nope nope nope nope nope
__________________
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.