Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  

Old 11-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Registered User
mikefire's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Question Help with Chord

What chord is this


Your reading this!
mikefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
Join Date: May 2010
Cm. It's the 4-string version of the full barre chord generally used by acoustic players when there is a bass or electric present, or if the guitarist doesn't have strong enough or long enough fingers.
50fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
fanapathy's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Yes it would technically be called Cm/G. Because it's a Cm with a G bass note.
Your regular major and minor chords consist of only 3 pitches, therefore you only need 3 strings to play a chord. But generally with this instrument, guitarists add more strings with the same notes to get the bigger/fuller sound.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.