Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
stevegeetar

Intro and ? about post

I've just joined this group that I wasn't even aware of.
First - I am 62. Started playing gtr at 12. Learned everything by ear and being shown by others. Played in several teen bands in central FL in mid-late 60s. The best known was the Berkely Five in which I played bass.
Quit that band to go to FSU where I played in #2 Jazz Band and studied classical guitar.
After college, got a good paying job, started a family and got away from playing for about 12 years. During the downfall of that marriage after we moved to Las Vegas, I started playing again to calm my soul. Within 6 months I was trying out with local bands and played with several new country bands (Eric Poe), although I wasn't very good.
I joined one of the best local bands (Quesa Diva) with a great female vocalist - played mostly chick rock. Lots of fun. Company moved me to San Francisco and I again got away from music.
Now disabled/retired living in Oregon and started playing again recently after some successful finger surgery. I still have my gear! My goal is to regain my chops and ear and find the best musicians I can to play with locally.
Interests: New Jazz, Motown soul, classic rock, some new rock. Want to learn bluegrass and blend my other styles with it.

Change topic: I was asked by a family member to sell an ESP Vintage Plus and need to learn about it before I can advertise. What forum should I post the description and inquiry?

Looking forward to getting acquainted with this site and your response!

Stevegeetar
Yamaha Custom Shop Pacifica USA2
Tele hybrid with warmouth swamp ash body
Epiphone Jumbo blonde flatop (70s) retrofitted with Piezo
Lots of stomp boxes mounted to a footboard
Rivera 55Watt 2-12 combo amp
stevegeetar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
rybread3

I would try the "Classifieds" section of the site. It is the last one in the music section on the forums page.
rybread3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
rybread3

After classifieds try the gear ads and there you have it.
rybread3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: