Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
simp82

Chords

Can anyone help me figure out the chords to "Broken Hallelujah" by The Afters? I have figured out the chorus and half of these verses, I think. It is in the key of D. Please and thanks a lot!!!
simp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
DON CZARSKI

Code:
SONG: BROKEN HALLELUJAH ARTIST: THE AFTERS TAB BY: DON CZARSKI EMAIL: GUITARZAN7@HOTMAIL.COM BROKEN HALLELUJAH THE AFTERS INTRO: D Bm A G D VERSE: D I can barely stand right now. Bm Everything is crashing down, A G D And I wonder where You are. VERSE: D I try to find the words to pray. Bm I don't always know what to say, A G D But You're the one that can hear my heart. PRE-CHORUS: G A Bm And even though I don't know what Your plan is, A I know You're making beauty from these ashes. CHORUS: D I've seen joy and I've seen pain. A On my knees, I call Your name. Bm G Here's my broken hallelujah. D With nothing left to hold onto, A I raise these empty hands to You. Bm Here's my broken, G D Here's my broken hallelujah. A Bm Hallelujah, Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. VERSE: D You know the things that have brought me here. Bm You know the story of every tear. A G D ‘Cause You've been here from the very start. PRE-CHORUS: G A Bm And even though I don't know what Your plan is, A I know You're making beauty from these ashes. CHORUS: D I've seen joy and I've seen pain. A On my knees, I call Your name. Bm G Here's my broken hallelujah. D With nothing left to hold onto, A I raise these empty hands to You. Bm Here's my broken G D Here's my broken hallelujah, A Bm Hallelujah, Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. OUTRO: D A When all is taken away, D Bm Don't let my heart be changed. G D Let me always sing Hallelujah A And when I feel afraid, Bm Don't let my hope be erased G Let me always sing A D Let me always sing Hallelujah A Hallelujah. D Hallelujah. I will always sing A Hallelujah I will always sing Bm Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. G D Here's my broken hallelujah. I will always sing A Hallelujah I will always sing Bm Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. D Here's my broken hallelujah. A Hallelujah Bm Hallelujah G D Hallelujah

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 11-12-2013 at 12:40 PM.
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
DON CZARSKI

I Play It This Way .... In Standard Tuning... I Tabbed And Submitted It
Old 11-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

^ A couple of corrections...

Code:
INTRO: D Bm A G D VERSE: D I can barely stand right now. Bm Everything is crashing down, A G D And I wonder where You are. VERSE: D I try to find the words to pray. Bm I don't always know what to say, A G D But You're the one that can hear my heart. PRE-CHORUS: G A Bm And even though I don't know what your plan is, A I know You're making beauty from these ashes. CHORUS: D I've seen joy and I've seen pain. A On my knees, I call Your name. Bm G Here's my broken hallelujah. D With nothing left to hold onto, A I raise these empty hands to You. Bm Here's my broken G D Here's my broken hallelujah. A Bm Hallelujah Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. VERSE: D You know the things that have brought me here. Bm You know the story of every tear. A G D ‘Cause You've been here from the very start. PRE-CHORUS: G A Bm And even though I don't know what your plan is, A I know You're making beauty from these ashes. CHORUS: D I've seen joy and I've seen pain. A On my knees, I call Your name. Bm G Here's my broken hallelujah. D With nothing left to hold onto, A I raise these empty hands to You. Bm Here's my broken G D Here's my broken hallelujah. A Bm Hallelujah Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. OUTRO: D A When all is taken away, Bm Don't let my heart be changed. G D Let me always sing Hallelujah A And when I feel afraid, Bm Don't let my hope be erased G Let me always sing A D Let me always sing Hallelujah A Hallelujah. D Hallelujah. I will always sing A Hallelujah I will always sing Bm Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. G D Here's my broken hallelujah. I will always sing A Hallelujah I will always sing Bm Hallelujah G Here's my broken hallelujah. D Here's my broken hallelujah. A Hallelujah Bm Hallelujah G D Hallelujah

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
DON CZARSKI

Thanks for the corrections..... appreciate it... When the tab is accepted I will then incorporate them.... Better to do it after it has been approved then before.. Again, thanks for the corrections

BY THE WAY, I THINK I MAY ADD THIS FOR THE INTRO AS WELL.... EVEN THOUGH IT IS PLAYED BY PIANO
Code:
INTRO AS PLAYED BY PIANO D Bm E --------5---3---2-|--------5---3---2-| B --3-5-3---3---3---|--3-5-3---3---3---| G ------------------|------------------| D ------------------|------------------| A ------------------|------------------| E ------------------|------------------| A G D E --------5---3---2----|--------5---3---2-| B --3-5-3---3---3---3-5|--3-5-3---3---3---| G ---------------------|------------------| D ---------------------|------------------| A ---------------------|------------------| E ---------------------|------------------|

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 11-12-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
simp82

Thanks everyone! I was pretty close. The only chord I was missing was the G chord.
simp82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: