Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #41
Metal_Head1
MÖTÖR

Man, I guess there's a reason the guy with the signed early copy only uploaded three tracks...
Shame.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #42
Metal_Head1
MÖTÖR

Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #43
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Kytokinesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #44
Born Headless

Norwegian speed metal released in 1990.
Born Headless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #45
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools

I've been listening to Iron Cross a shitload. What a great release. I love that all band members added to the vocals.

Art & Lutherie
darkstar2466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #46
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

Let me grace you all with something from the very depths of my vault. I present to you:

Czar

Czar were a small band that only released one demo in 1982. I spent ages and ages and ages trying to find something comparable to Tyrant (US). This is probably the closest thing. Czar's 1982 demo is absolutely killer metal that sounds very close to Tyrant's 1985 Legions of the Dead.
\Powerslave/ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #47
Metal_Head1
MÖTÖR

Quote:
Originally Posted by \Powerslave/

Killer description, and that's a cool song, but I bet you meant to link this.
Which is cool. Kinda feels like Manilla Road too. Open the Gates Manilla Road.

EDIT:
Hey, while I'm here
HEAVY METAL RULES

Last edited by Metal_Head1 : 12-20-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Metal_Head1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #48
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands

Some quality proto-Doom from Scotland, they never officially released anything back in the day but there's been a few compilations over the last few years. They're pretty ahead of the game for having started in '69.

eazy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

These forums are a little slower than I remember. I'm going to post something to this thread at least 3 times a week.

To start off, I highly suggest everyone here who uses reddit to go subscribe to /r/classicmetal. That is DeathoftheSun's personal subreddit. He is /r/metal's best mod, easily. I consider him on equal footing to our resident VampireGoldfish. His taste in metal in general is impeccable. He specializes in power, heavy, speed, trad, doom (basically my genres ), but his general knowledge is unreal as well.

Today, I present a fun traditional metal band from Sweden, NAGAZAKI! They only released one single, but the two songs on it are quite enjoyable to listen to. Nothing too crazy or original, but high quality.

Last edited by \Powerslave/ : 12-29-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #50
Kepulix
The Witchfinder

Damn, that's really good. Serious Angel Witch vibe, which is a huge plus in my books. Only fitting that the same country that provided us with Hiroshima (though over half of the band were Finnish) would also procure a group named Nagasaki.

I present to you a band hailing from the actual island of Japan: Nokemono

These guys released one album in 1979 named From The Black World. Still, they really got the catchy NWOBHM twin guitar sound down. Even the worse tracks are saved by killer solos and harmonies. Not quite as heavy as the stuff that came a few years later, but it's a true gem for what it is. There is certain novelty value in "exotic" heavy metal bands, but this one goes beyond that and is actually really fucking good, if not a bit adolescent. You can also hear the influence of old Japanese pop in some places, for better or worse. I don't mind one bit. Highly recommended for fans of early Judas Priest, (very) early Manilla Road, Deep Purple, Wishbone Ash.

Here you can hear the aforementioned pop influence. Overall it really reminds me of a Deep Purple or Rainbow ballad, amazing stuff.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Kepulix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #51
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

Really glad you enjoyed it Kep! I really liked what you posted as well. I definitely get that Deep Purple vibe; really nice sound there.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #52
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

As promised, every few days I'll throw a little nugget into this thread to spread the old school metal love.

Today, I bring Rhabstallion! An upbeat, slow-mid paced NWOBHM band that released a few demos in the early 1980's. I highly suggest picking up their compilation if possible. Fans of early NWOBHM will really enjoy this.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #53
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Rhabstallion sound really cool. Nokemono do too but I just can never get into the Japanese vocals. Just the sound of them, in any band like Galneryus or what have you. It's something I'm trying to overcome.

For now I call you to slightly more powery power metal pastures...

Powerlord: US power/thrash. Only released one album and it's good.

Dark Avenger: Only wrote two songs of any real quality which appeared on the 1984 Death Metal split with Helloween, Running Wild, and Hellhammer.

Regime: US power/prog; shades of early Fates Warning

Old 12-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #54
Metal_Head1
MÖTÖR

Nokemono and Nagazaki were both pretty rocking, and i'm glad to see this thread keeping on!
Checking out today's stuff now
Old 01-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #55
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head1
Nokemono and Nagazaki were both pretty rocking, and i'm glad to see this thread keeping on!
Checking out today's stuff now

Since I'm active on these forums again, this thread will never die even if it ends up in me just multiposting until my perma . Rest assured, I have enough to keep this thread going solo for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
Rhabstallion sound really cool. Nokemono do too but I just can never get into the Japanese vocals. Just the sound of them, in any band like Galneryus or what have you. It's something I'm trying to overcome.

For now I call you to slightly more powery power metal pastures...

Powerlord: US power/thrash. Only released one album and it's good.

Dark Avenger: Only wrote two songs of any real quality which appeared on the 1984 Death Metal split with Helloween, Running Wild, and Hellhammer.

Regime: US power/prog; shades of early Fates Warning

I like you. You weren't around when I was active. Always need more trad love around here. Powerlord are such a polarizing band. From my experiences, either you love them or hate them. I'm leaning towards the former. I love their sound. Dark Avenger are an alright, enjoyable band. There's nothing too special about them though. Regime were unknown to me; I liked what I heard though. I definitely got that White-Collar USPM feel a la Crimson Glory. I dig it.

Between Kyto, Kep, Sevvy, and Metal_Head, you guys are covering some killer bands!

Today, I bring a classic. BLACK DEATH! These guys are well regarded in the trad community, so I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned them here. Black Death are the definition of all American Power Metal. They've got a killer and very fun sound . It's pretty damn cool that they're pretty much one of the first and only all Black dude metal band.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #56
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

When I first signed up there was a criminal underrepresentation of trad/power metal here. Glad to see the tables are turning.

I'm liking Black Death. That's cool that they're one of (if not THE ONLY) the only all African American trad metal bands.

I've run across things in my late night trad metal prowls that can only be classified as arcane. As soon as I can find them again I will post them

Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #57
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
When I first signed up there was a criminal underrepresentation of trad/power metal here. Glad to see the tables are turning.

I'm liking Black Death. That's cool that they're one of (if not THE ONLY) the only all African American trad metal bands.

I've run across things in my late night trad metal prowls that can only be classified as arcane. As soon as I can find them again I will post them

A certain goldfish helped me spread my wings. Ever since then, it has been nothing but trad love. I used to post a lot more a few years back, but it seems the board slowed down a little. I have a lot to share in this thread, but I think I will just keep sharing the classics that have yet to be mentioned.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #58
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by \Powerslave/
Today, I bring a classic. BLACK DEATH! These guys are well regarded in the trad community, so I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned them here. Black Death are the definition of all American Power Metal. They've got a killer and very fun sound . It's pretty damn cool that they're pretty much one of the first and only all Black dude metal band.

I love this record!

I was surprised to learn that they're still going, although only the original bassist remains, and all the other members are white now.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #59
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

Spun this one today, was a damn solid listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
A creamy guinness from a proper shitty old man bar will save your life, but a bad one from a nightclub will destroy your arsehole.

lfm
Helloween4Ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #60
\Powerslave/
Steel Winged Warrior

I'm in the process of writing up a big thread on USPM, so I'll refrain from posting any of that in here.

Today I present Stonehenge (New Zealand). Kiwi metal at its finest. When VG referred to me as a steel winged warrior this is the only thing that was going through my head. These guys only had one EP that consisted of only 3 songs. I recommend listening to it. Very solid listen. Gritty power metal that fans of Jag Panzer and the like will enjoy.

Rate This Thread: