Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
ehbacon
UG's Billie Joe Armstrong

Profile: showing new ratings

When you get a new rating on a tab but there has been a few other ratings on the tab, you don't know for sure what they rated it. I think it would be a helpful improvement to show what users rate your tab when you see the new rating notification of your profile.

Thoughts?

ehbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
fanapathy
B-Tuned

I agree. It lets you know the first rating of the first person obviously, but unless the overall rating changes you can't know the ratings of the next people. However - it lets you know who rated, so the system doesn't really make sense.
I'm all for it and think tabbers should have the right to know so they can ask for a reasoning for a bad rating for example.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
ehbacon

yeah I for example always thank people for ratings and would like to improve my tabs as much as possible.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Pretty sure that feature is only available for tab moderators to prevent tab rating abuse.
Of course, you wouldn't have to care about that if you were a good tabber like me lol.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #5
eGraham
I'm onto you, lolmnt

I don't think it would create any additional abuse. The rating system is hardly an issue anyway.

I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #6
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Naw, I wasn't implying it would. I was just saying that that's the only reason tab mods have that feature.

Like, I remember a tab mod warned this one guy because he was rating everyone else's (except his own, of course) version of a song 1 star. I think they warned him and took off his ratings from their tabs.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #7
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Well on that subject there's almost definitely some cases of abuse. I saw one of these guys who go for ranking and submit like a billion chord tabs a year, of his/her newly approved tabs which was like 10 all had 5 stars and 2 views (completely unknown artists that get rated once every 2 year at best if legit). Probably an extra account or ally. This sort of thing probably happens a lot, no big deal just rather silly.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
eGraham
I'm onto you, lolmnt

It does happen. But as far as reviews go, if a person opens a tab and it doesn't satisfy them, there are usually several other versions that can be viewed.

I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
ehbacon

I just think it would be a nice helpful feature for tabbers. It also might be able help prevent abuse a little, I hope it will be considered

Last edited by ehbacon : 11-19-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Rate This Thread: