Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Snowwika

Two-week old tab hasn't been reviewed?

This is more of a question than a suggestion, but I don't see any Q&A forums that aren't for newbies, so I'll put it here. I submitted a tab over two weeks ago and it still has a "waiting" status. Also, I don't have the option to edit it, whereas I can edit my other tab that's still waiting. I'm kind of curious as to the reasons behind both of those things.
Snowwika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Roj Vincent

I'm in the same boat Snowwika and, whilst I appreciate that there is a long queue and a limited number of assessors, it does seem odd.

Also, having had a couple of submissions rejected recently, I would appreciate some feedback on why they have been turned down. Even a brief comment from the assessor as to why it didn't make it through would help us all improve the quality of future submissions which, I would have thought, would be in everyone's interests.

Cheers

Roj Vincent
Roj Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Snowwika

Also, a tab I submitted four days ago has been approved already, but my almost-three-week old one still has nothing.
Snowwika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
fanapathy
B-Tuned

I've been observing this for a while. Tab approval can range anywhere from 1 day to 6 weeks in my experience. Depends on if the band/song is well known, new/old and if there are many existing tabs already. Old songs from lesser known artists take the longest, tabs with 8 versions etc do as well.

What I'd like to comment on though is approval votes. They seem to make absolutely no difference. There's been tabs with 7 approval votes stuck in the queue for a month, and newer submitted tabs with no votes being approved within a short time. Tab mod votes is the only one that makes a difference, tabs with +M will get approved quickly. Reject votes with a good reasoning on the other hand is effective.
Because of this, I see no reason to go on and review tabs as a regular user. When votes have next to no value, it's a waste of time. It's not fair to people spending time reviewing in TPA and I'd like to see an improvement in this system, especially as the frequency of submissions is constantly growing.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Roc8995

Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwika
This is more of a question than a suggestion, but I don't see any Q&A forums that aren't for newbies, so I'll put it here.
Questions like this should probably be asked in New Members Q&A Forum. It's not just for new members in case you weren't sure.

Quote:
I submitted a tab over two weeks ago and it still has a "waiting" status.
^Refer to above comment. I'd suggest the Still Waiting thread for starters. I usually give it about a month until I make a post in there though.

Quote:
Also, I don't have the option to edit it, whereas I can edit my other tab that's still waiting. I'm kind of curious as to the reasons behind both of those things.
If it looks anything like this:

show

then it's a bug. I made a thread on it if you'd like to report it. But it can always be edited by accessing the TPA page (to make it easier, you can sort by artist). Just find your tab on the list, click it, and you should see the edit option there.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 12-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Joshua Garcia
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanapathy
What I'd like to comment on though is approval votes. They seem to make absolutely no difference. There's been tabs with 7 approval votes stuck in the queue for a month, and newer submitted tabs with no votes being approved within a short time. Tab mod votes is the only one that makes a difference, tabs with +M will get approved quickly. Reject votes with a good reasoning on the other hand is effective.
Because of this, I see no reason to go on and review tabs as a regular user. When votes have next to no value, it's a waste of time. It's not fair to people spending time reviewing in TPA and I'd like to see an improvement in this system, especially as the frequency of submissions is constantly growing.
Usually, the one's that stay there longer are the one's the tab mods REALLY need to look into (mostly misc. tabs). At least I think. So it would probably be a little harder for the tab mods to review it compared to every other tab that gets reviewed and accepted/rejected within a few days.

As for user votes, it's obviously not the deciding factor for pending tabs, but I do believe it helps tab moderators make their decision. It goes in order of:

User's votes -> Tab moderator's votes -> Tab admins -> Approve/reject.

So it's just a matter of how often the tab mods check in the TPA. But I imagine they have a lot to go through everyday, so cut them some slack.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: