Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Aurigo
284 days

'Goodbye' Gp5 Amaryllis - Alternative Rock

Just want to get an opinion really. As a band we wrote this Feb 2013 (when I first joined) and it's going to be on the next EP entitled 'Revolt' released early 2013.

Personally I love it, it's not something that's out there on the market but it's similar to a few hot sellers so I think it'll do well along with the rest of the tracks on the EP.

Comments appreciated!

Find us here: http://facebook.com/amaryllisuk

Thanks,
Dan.

EDIT: 2nd attachment is an update for how the song ended up being recorded.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Goodbye EP.gp5 (66.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: gp5 Goodbye EP.gp5 (66.5 KB, 9 views)

Free EP available here: http://amaryllisuk.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Aurigo : 04-16-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Aurigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

its hard to me to be very helpful because im not a fan of alt rock, but ill try my best

honestly, it wasnt terrible. it was just very simple and repetitive. though im a prog metal guy, i understand that alt rock isnt supposed to be all that complex and intricate. but still, the leads are pretty dull in some places, like in the beginning up to measure 24. the lead in the pre-chorus isnt bad. pretty nice. but the rhythm of the chorus could use more variation, especially rhythmically

bridge b is pretty cool, but repeats too much and gets old really quick

then the chorus again. you already know how i feel about it

also ends kinda weak

all in all, its hard for me to say since this is by no means my genre of rock, but its not bad. just needs improvement

*just a tidbit of useful info: if you want to tab a song with a left and right guitar track, try making one of them overdrive guitar. when you have left and right as the same track, they center when they play the same notes

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Aurigo
284 days

Thanks for the advice!

This is one of the simpler songs on the EP. The ending has a vocal/drum section whilst the guitars fade out. Just sounds weird since I haven't included that.

I suppose this song we're allowing the drums to stand out with simple guitar rhythms, and there's a lot of vocal space. Lead's wise both me and the other guitarist sorta share that role, and it's hard to make decisions as one wants a certain thing and the other wants something else. Something we've learned from in other songs!

I've got some good feedback, and it's much appreciated. Just looking at how we can change our writing style and spice up new songs with less repetitive structures.

Free EP available here: http://amaryllisuk.bandcamp.com
Aurigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Ometh
nobody

I find it quite amazing that you're going to release this thing in the past. Are you willing to share your time travel secrets to me? I am willing to sell my butt for it if it's necessary.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
allthatichug

ometh, everyone's either good at grindcore or can time travel, it's just the way of life

i liked it, would be better with a drum track so i made one with a drum track in gp6 and exported it so it probably sounds like shit so just copy and paste the track over i guess or not i don't mind whatever
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 plz goob.gp5 (75.9 KB, 24 views)
allthatichug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurigo
Just want to get an opinion really. As a band we wrote this Feb 2013 (when I first joined) and it's going to be on the next EP entitled 'Revolt' released early 2013.

A bit late for that.
E: ups missed Ometh's post, my bad, I'm toasted enough that im more or less one with my bodily fluids at this point

Last edited by Cavalcade : 12-22-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: