Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Read my post, his tracks won't work properly in GP5

EDIT:

Yes there is
Exportar = export, if you really can't figure that out by yourself

ok so i guess im wrong on this one , my version doesnt have it though , which version are u using ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Wanna bet?

*The sound is terrible, even compared to GM: Muddy and compressed. I use GP to write music, not mix it, and if I have to futz around with EQ and comp to get a listenable sound, that's bad. But at least there's an option to use GM instead.
*The new drum system is a pain in the ass: It's a fact that entering notes by keyboard (the fastest method) is slower if every drum has to be on one of like 10-15 different "strings". It will take more keystrokes. Always.
*You can't change the number of strings in a track after you add it: Yeah, "learning curve".
*You're limited to GP6's soundbanks instead of the GM patches: Again, this isn't something you can "learn".
*Instead of tabbing keys like another guitar track, letting you copy/paste data from other guitar tracks, you're forced to tab keys like whatever instrument corresponds to the patch you're using: See above.

I had GP6 for two years. A third year wouldn't have made it any more usable. This is why we're not buying GP6, and this is why we're asking for a GP5 version of your (probably quite lovely) tune.

you seem to have a difficult time understanding that all those things are your personal opinion , which a lot of people seem to share , i dont care if im "wrong" or "right" im just telling u what my perspective of it is , which is that i like gpx better than gp5 for the reasons i gave.

Last edited by MobiuZ : 12-27-2013 at 07:59 PM.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #22
Craziork

ometh is portuguese :O
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Read my post, his tracks won't work properly in GP5

EDIT:

Yes there is
Exportar = export, if you really can't figure that out by yourself

ok so i guess im wrong on this one , my version doesnt have it though , which version are u using ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Wanna bet?

*The sound is terrible, even compared to GM: Muddy and compressed. I use GP to write music, not mix it, and if I have to futz around with EQ and comp to get a listenable sound, that's bad. But at least there's an option to use GM instead.
*The new drum system is a pain in the ass: It's a fact that entering notes by keyboard (the fastest method) is slower if every drum has to be on one of like 10-15 different "strings". It will take more keystrokes. Always.
*You can't change the number of strings in a track after you add it: Yeah, "learning curve".
*You're limited to GP6's soundbanks instead of the GM patches: Again, this isn't something you can "learn".
*Instead of tabbing keys like another guitar track, letting you copy/paste data from other guitar tracks, you're forced to tab keys like whatever instrument corresponds to the patch you're using: See above.

I had GP6 for two years. A third year wouldn't have made it any more usable. This is why we're not buying GP6, and this is why we're asking for a GP5 version of your (probably quite lovely) tune.

you seem to have a difficult time understanding that all those things are your personal opinion , which a lot of people seem to share , i dont care if im "wrong" or "right" im just telling u what my perspective of it is , which is that i like gpx better than gp5 for the reasons i gave.

and tell me how i went from using gp5 to going to gpx and not having a problem with any of the things u list ?

Last edited by MobiuZ : 12-27-2013 at 08:04 PM.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuZ

PM me

Last edited by Ometh : 12-27-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqq
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the drum system in GP5 consisted of weird numbers over a guitar tab? The system in GP6 is a real drum notation system, which is perfectly made for drums.

Most of where we differ may be a matter of opinion, but this part isn't as subjective. Like I said, note entry (by keyboard) is faster if you don't have to switch between 10-15 different lines for each drum. And those "weird numbers" are part of the MIDI standard.
Quote:

Well then, here's something objective: the $60 price tag. If someone already has GP5, the alternative (staying with it) is free. If someone is already comfortable with it, the learning curve is flat. I forget where, but there was a recent poll showing that most UGers still use GP5. The bottom line is that if it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it.
If you're used to GP6, feel free to use it. But keep in mind that most of your prospective audience doesn't.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #26
From Your Grave
Registred User

Quote:
but why dont you guys want to download/use gpx ? give me one good reason apart from the learning curve that you have to go through a bit , just one , plz.

I have GP6 downloaded and I've had it installed a few times but I dont like to use it because it's not as simple, quick, easy-to-use, or lightweight. I can use 25-30MB RAM with GP5 and I dont remember GP6's RAM usage but I remember it's more. I have a fast enough computer it doesnt matter for general usgae but when I get on a good writing spree and have a bunch of programs open that free RAM is going to matter. But like the others were saying I use it to write and compose music, which is quickest and easiest on GP5 as opposed to GP6. Not just because of a learning curve either.

The only thing that really matters here is that the poster who uploads a .gpx file is limiting himself for potential feedback. I was pretty interested in checking this out after reading the description but when I saw it was .gpx I knew I wasnt going to.

Onto the actual point of this thread. For the songs you're trying to write are there any specific bands that influenced your idea of having keyboards in metal? Because if you just had the ideas "I want to write this kind of metal." and "I think having more keyboard in my metal would be great." rather than "Wow I really love the sound of keyboards in metal songs" then you're trying to do something you're not really familiar with. Not saying that is what happened. That's just my example because my only advice is to find/study music that incorporates keyboards into their metal in the kind of ways you're trying to and see what they do.

It can be argued that then you're just copying other bands instead of doing it the way you would have anyways, but if you've already attempted and are stuck it might help you out of a rut. I'd recommend songs/bands except I'm not into that kind of music. The most immediate example I can think of is The Devil Wears Prada but they mainly only have overlayed synth and breakdown synth riffs and I dont think what youre going for is what they're doing.
From Your Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #27
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziork
ometh is latino :O

you mean youre just now finding out?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: