Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
scsibear

Speakers and Interface query

Hi guys i'm planning on getting a pair of active speakers and a new audio interface soon but i wanted to clarify something that is confusing me, so if someone could explain just what is going on here i'd be much obliged.

Lets say i have a pair of krk's and a focusrite scarlett 2i4 most videos of the hookup i have seen on the internet are basically TRS out of the scarlett to one speaker then the other TRS out of the scarlett to the other speaker.
My confusion is that these TRS outs are Stereo anyway so does that not mean you are putting a one stereo out from the interface to each speaker meaning both are full stereo and not then left and right, so then if i were to pan something (say wanting it to go left in the left speaker) it wouldn't do it properly as it would be panning left on both.

Do you see my confusion ? Or has my head just exploded !!
scsibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
reincarnator

TRS jacks can be used for an unbalanced stereo signal or a balanced mono signal. In the case of monitors, they are usually used as the latter. Read more here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio)

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
reincarnator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: