Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Kyonn

Please help me pick a audio interface to record electric guitar

Hello I have around 130 to buy a audio interface, I'm currently interested in the Scarlett 2i2 one, but i've read that it has some issues, that's why I'm not sure about buying it.

The Scarlett i'm interested.
http://www.thomann.de/es/focusrite_scarlett_2i2.htm

Please help me

I mostly record rock and punk music
Kyonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
solidhadriel

Have you considered purchasing the RockSmith real tone cable? I currently use it...I'm no professional, but it seems to work just fine for me and Audacity. (Though I'm sure much more experienced professionals may have a better opinion/suggestion.)
solidhadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.

Check the sticky in this forum.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
chatterbox272

Don't buy the 2i2 please. I've got the 2i4, the one we usually recommend over the 2i2 for it's inclusion of a pad and I can tell you you will not be able to record DI without the pad and keep your full tone. To record my guitar DI I have to put the pad on (a -10dB switch) and still keep the gain on the interface at almost nothing. Without it I have to have the gain on nothing and turn my guitar down too to prevent clipping.
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
Kyonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
Don't buy the 2i2 please. I've got the 2i4, the one we usually recommend over the 2i2 for it's inclusion of a pad and I can tell you you will not be able to record DI without the pad and keep your full tone. To record my guitar DI I have to put the pad on (a -10dB switch) and still keep the gain on the interface at almost nothing. Without it I have to have the gain on nothing and turn my guitar down too to prevent clipping.

So you recommend me buying the 2i4 then? :/ but maybe it's out of my budget, I'll check anyway if i can afford it xD, but can i have any alternatives? xD

Last edited by Kyonn : 01-13-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Kyonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
xkovacsx09
Tater Salad

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Sapphire 6, essentially the same thing. Probably the best interface in it's price range and very affordable for a used one off ebay.
xkovacsx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
UFC on VHS
Megadeth>Metallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkovacsx09
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Sapphire 6, essentially the same thing. Probably the best interface in it's price range and very affordable for a used one off ebay.

is M-audio fast track a good choice for a first time recorder? Never owned a audio interface just messed around a bbit using an audio cable and acid express 7.0.

or how about a Focusrite iTrack Solo or a Used TASCAM US-144? What would be the best choice?

Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY 6505+ 112

Last edited by UFC on VHS : 01-14-2014 at 12:58 AM.
UFC on VHS is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: