Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Blooker

AC30 with 1 Greenback and 1 Gold?

Hello my fellow guitar players!

I have a question i could not get properly answered even after searching the web for multiple hours. I am planning to buy an ac30C2 soon (with Greenbacks) and since i hear a lot of praise for the Alnico Blues and Gold, i might swap the Greenbacks later for either 2 Alnico Blues or swap 1 Greenback for a G12 Alnico Gold.

Does anyone have experience with 1 Greenback and 1 G12 Alnico Gold in an ac30? I know there is a wattage difference but i already discovered i like the Blues and Golds better than the Greens.

Cheers!
Blooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooker
Hello my fellow guitar players!

I have a question i could not get properly answered even after searching the web for multiple hours. I am planning to buy an ac30C2 soon (with Greenbacks) and since i hear a lot of praise for the Alnico Blues and Gold, i might swap the Greenbacks later for either 2 Alnico Blues or swap 1 Greenback for a G12 Alnico Gold.

Does anyone have experience with 1 Greenback and 1 G12 Alnico Gold in an ac30? I know there is a wattage difference but i already discovered i like the Blues and Golds better than the Greens.

Cheers!

yeah, i have done that once before. mixed a gold with green. it sounded pretty damn good, really not much that can go wrong there.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
Blooker

Ok thanks!

Are there more people with some insight on this?
Old 02-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Roc8995

If price is what's keeping you from getting two Golds, you might want to try Weber speakers. They make fantastic Blue and Green type speakers in a bunch of wattage options, and have Alnico and Ceramic versions of each.

I run a 50 Silver Bell and Blue Dog for my 2x12 with a Vox type amp and it sounds great. You really can't go wrong with any combination of those Green/Blue type speakers with an AC30.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

I run a Gold and a G12K-85 and I think it sounds sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
gumbilicious
beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
If price is what's keeping you from getting two Golds, you might want to try Weber speakers. They make fantastic Blue and Green type speakers in a bunch of wattage options, and have Alnico and Ceramic versions of each.

I run a 50 Silver Bell and Blue Dog for my 2x12 with a Vox type amp and it sounds great. You really can't go wrong with any combination of those Green/Blue type speakers with an AC30.

+1 on the weber silver bell and blue dog. i run a ceranic silver and an alnico blue in one of my ppc212's. very classic british sound, couldn't be happier. didn't know anyone else had that combo on this forum.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
Blooker

Quote:

I was searching for the Weber speakers but found out i cannot buy them in my country... :/

But thanks for your reply!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
sloppyjoe109
whtvr it tks

Quote:

How are you liking that combination? I'm thinking of doing the same to my Top Hat, but I am unsure of how a ceramic silver differs from an alnico silver?

Seems like most players opt for a ceramic silver, why is this?
sloppyjoe109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: