Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Foxtrot21

Cant deside between 2 guitars. Need imput.

I need help deciding between two guitars at the moment. I am looking at purchasing either a Dean Switchblade or a PRS SE Torero.

As far as look and components go these two guitars fit the bill for what I am looking for.

The only thing I find undesirable about Dean guitars is how much they rely on Dimebags name to sell there guitars. I want to buy a quality instrument not a show peace.

Here are links to the two guitars. If any one has any input on either instrument I would be very grateful.

Dean http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-dean-custom-run-8-ml-switchblade-electric-guitar#

PRS http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-torero-electric-guitar/h94163
Foxtrot21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
BlackDeath92
Diagnosed "Guitar Nut"!

I'd suggest the PRS. Personally, I find the longer scale length to be more comfortable. Not to mention, the Dean headstock is huge and awkward. Just my 2 cents.
BlackDeath92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
saulhudsonslash

Ultimately you're gonna get whatever you want regardless of input because it'll come down to the feel. Putting that aside, I say go for the torero, I've played with both guitars and the Torero is definitely the better guitar. The neck feels great, the sound is impeccable and it is all round more versatile than the Dean.

Go with the PRS, best decision out of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
saulhudsonslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
Cajundaddy

I'm sure Dean makes fine guitars but I have yet to play one I like. I can't pin it down to specifics but my hands don't like em.

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” - SRV
Cajundaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
KG6_Steven
Serving Knowledge

Have you played both guitars? You need to play both of them and come to your own decision. I've bought a lot of guitars and gear over the years, but I've always relied on my own judgment to come to a decision. In the end, you have to play this guitar every day - not us. It needs to fit you and your style.
KG6_Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #6
Foxtrot21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6_Steven
Have you played both guitars? You need to play both of them and come to your own decision. I've bought a lot of guitars and gear over the years, but I've always relied on my own judgment to come to a decision. In the end, you have to play this guitar every day - not us. It needs to fit you and your style.

I couldn't agree with you more. The only problem is that I live in the middle of no where and I would have to spend around 200 dollars in gas to get to a music store that might have one of these instruments. I came to these two guitars after reading all of the reviews and videos on them that I could find.
Foxtrot21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:35 AM   #7
iommi600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot21
I couldn't agree with you more. The only problem is that I live in the middle of no where and I would have to spend around 200 dollars in gas to get to a music store that might have one of these instruments. I came to these two guitars after reading all of the reviews and videos on them that I could find.

Try watching some videos of both guitars on Youtube, man. Reviews, etc. There are plenty of them. I think it's the only way out for you now.

Personally I like the PRS better. Dean necks are rough as ****, to me.
iommi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #8
Vanhalaf
The Honest

Prs.

Rate This Thread: