Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #81
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
I won't pretend my English is better than yours, but I don't think that's what 'throwaway' means What was his original script? This I didn't know.



And I remember a lot more support for the move to sending the decision to congress, from both US parties (which I'm guessing is rare). A lot of the anger was mainly in the UK, although that might just be how they usually hold discussions there. Shit was foreign.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:39 AM   #82
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action
 
homeless-john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow
To be honest, I'm stunned that Russia isn't a giant smouldering crater by now. Also Putin makes me laugh despite all the terrible stuff he does so why not?

It's not like it matters anyway.
__________________
PSN: leo-da-bam
Steam ID: chunkadelic
XBL: LovelyGodzilla
homeless-john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #83
Cianyx
UG Nerd
 
Cianyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Absurdistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
I won't pretend my English is better than yours, but I don't think that's what 'throwaway' means What was his original script? This I didn't know.

To be fair, I used the word 'throwaway' in a throwaway manner.
__________________
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Cianyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #84
20Tigers
1
 
20Tigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Because the use of drones isn't the ****ing same as military support, funding and training to people who execute babies at point blank?

`
Killing babies point blank is worse than killing them by remote control?
__________________
Si
20Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #85
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers
`
Killing babies point blank is worse than killing them by remote control?

The part where it's intentional is what I find despicable. I'm not promoting or encouraging one loss over another. Don't twist my words around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #86
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
 
xxdarrenxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Maybe it's a (piss poor) attempt at making him more peaceful.

like; "you got the award, now act like it".
__________________

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[FONT=Palatino Linotype
[COLOR=DarkRed]Who's Andy Timmons??
[/SIZE][/B]
xxdarrenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #87
DardySon
Registered User
 
DardySon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth, Australia/Formally Europe somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Because the use of drones isn't the ****ing same as military support, funding and training to people who execute babies at point blank?

At least they have the balls to kill the babies face to face. They're not killing them anonymously from behind a desk on the other side of the world. Get off your fucking high horse.
DardySon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #88
Shredwizard445
Registered Substance User
 
Shredwizard445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Oh guys, every government in the world is driven by the economic structure of war and it's subsequent generation of industry. Alongside the lobbying interest of the economic powers that have invested in these industries

So saying that any particular nationality/allegiance is more or less ethical/peaceful is silly. Assuming that any particular figurehead/leader isn't operating with the interests of these economic/industrial powers in mind with his/her agenda is more silly.

You guys don't like Putin because he's like....the least identifiable of all of the mass murderers that decided that politics would be the way they should control people.

The Bush family has ties to the Bin Laden family, the Carlyle Corporation has ties to the Bush family. The Chinese, Russian, and U.S.' sixth generation of multipurpose fighter jets were all finished developing at around the same time period. They were recently armed after the madness that is Kiev, and the recent "terrorist" attacks in southwest china.

All of this death and violence is part of an international agenda.....duh

This peace prize is a veiled pat on the back for Putin, for having gotten away with so much orchestration of death.
__________________
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Shredwizard445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #89
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DardySon
At least they have the balls to kill the babies face to face. They're not killing them anonymously from behind a desk on the other side of the world. Get off your fucking high horse.


Are you high? Or just stupid?

The point was deliberate v. unintentional, not the method used...FFS
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #90
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Are you high? Or just stupid?

The point was deliberate v. unintentional, not the method used...FFS

I opt for stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #91
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Oh guys, every government in the world is driven by the economic structure of war and it's subsequent generation of industry. Alongside the lobbying interest of the economic powers that have invested in these industries

So saying that any particular nationality/allegiance is more or less ethical/peaceful is silly. Assuming that any particular figurehead/leader isn't operating with the interests of these economic/industrial powers in mind with his/her agenda is more silly.

You guys don't like Putin because he's like....the least identifiable of all of the mass murderers that decided that politics would be the way they should control people.

The Bush family has ties to the Bin Laden family, the Carlyle Corporation has ties to the Bush family. The Chinese, Russian, and U.S.' sixth generation of multipurpose fighter jets were all finished developing at around the same time period. They were recently armed after the madness that is Kiev, and the recent "terrorist" attacks in southwest china.

All of this death and violence is part of an international agenda.....duh

This peace prize is a veiled pat on the back for Putin, for having gotten away with so much orchestration of death.

macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #92
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Of all humans, babies are the best to kill. They don't do shit and they are worthless. Same with children, and old people. We don't like to kill them because they are small and helpless and they are the future(not the old people), but there's always going to be more babies. An adult has actual responsibilities and people that rely on them etc. Killing an adult does a lot more damage than killing a dumb little baby.

-Babies
-Children
-Old people
-Adults

That's the order of the least damaging to most damaging to society if killed.

Last edited by macashmack : 03-07-2014 at 11:44 AM.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #93
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Oh guys, every government in the world is driven by the economic structure of war and it's subsequent generation of industry. Alongside the lobbying interest of the economic powers that have invested in these industries

So saying that any particular nationality/allegiance is more or less ethical/peaceful is silly. Assuming that any particular figurehead/leader isn't operating with the interests of these economic/industrial powers in mind with his/her agenda is more silly.

You guys don't like Putin because he's like....the least identifiable of all of the mass murderers that decided that politics would be the way they should control people.

The Bush family has ties to the Bin Laden family, the Carlyle Corporation has ties to the Bush family. The Chinese, Russian, and U.S.' sixth generation of multipurpose fighter jets were all finished developing at around the same time period. They were recently armed after the madness that is Kiev, and the recent "terrorist" attacks in southwest china.

All of this death and violence is part of an international agenda.....duh

This peace prize is a veiled pat on the back for Putin, for having gotten away with so much orchestration of death.



I think you forgot this...

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

And the intent of this page also applies...

http://www.cracked.com/funny-44-conspiracy-theories/
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #94
DardySon
Registered User
 
DardySon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth, Australia/Formally Europe somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Are you high? Or just stupid?

The point was deliberate v. unintentional, not the method used...FFS

Obviously you're missing my fucked up sense of humour.
DardySon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #95
Dregen
andy, you're a star
 
Dregen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hell
the Nobel Peace Prize doesn't have any integrity anymore, they're just Putin all over it now
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #96
20Tigers
1
 
20Tigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
The part where it's intentional is what I find despicable. I'm not promoting or encouraging one loss over another. Don't twist my words around.

There's a few questions here still. Who decides the intent? A regime says "we were targeting rebels and terrorists that pose a threat to national security and unfortunately we hit civilians, oops." Who decides that they targeted civilians intentionally? Am I talking about Syria, the US, Israel... does the answer change depending on who we are talking about? Keep in mind that widely publicized "evidence" of human rights abuses are often grossly exaggerated or even fabrications. The Nayirah testimony comes to mind. Further it often depends on who is telling the story as to who are the bad guys.

If a government provides support in the way of weapons, money, and training to a regime that ends up killing civilians and committing war crimes then can you really say the leader of the government providing support is a baby killer?

Just to be clear the US has and still does the same thing (provides military aid to regimes that violate human rights), you just don't hear about it as often or as publicly. And when you do hear about it the public and the media are divided either offering justification or criticism of such support.

When it's China, or Russia however the western media and public are typically more united in it's condemnation and we only see the evidence that supports the opinions of the media or person reporting the story.

My point is that arguing intent is a waste of time.

I agree instead with the original observation to which you objected, namely that they are ALL as bad as each other.

Very few, if any, really decent people make it to the top in the world of politics. Consequently the nobel peace prize should rarely, if ever, go to politicians.
__________________
Si
20Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #97
willT08
Official Classist
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers

If a government provides support in the way of weapons, money, and training to a regime that ends up killing civilians and committing war crimes then can you really say the leader of the government providing support is a baby killer?

but what if all along...that was their intent!?
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #98
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers
1) There's a few questions here still. Who decides the intent? A regime says "we were targeting rebels and terrorists that pose a threat to national security and unfortunately we hit civilians, oops." Who decides that they targeted civilians intentionally? Am I talking about Syria, the US, Israel... does the answer change depending on who we are talking about? Keep in mind that widely publicized "evidence" of human rights abuses are often grossly exaggerated or even fabrications. The Nayirah testimony comes to mind. Further it often depends on who is telling the story as to who are the bad guys.

2) If a government provides support in the way of weapons, money, and training to a regime that ends up killing civilians and committing war crimes then can you really say the leader of the government providing support is a baby killer?

3) Just to be clear the US has and still does the same thing (provides military aid to regimes that violate human rights), you just don't hear about it as often or as publicly. And when you do hear about it the public and the media are divided either offering justification or criticism of such support.

4) When it's China, or Russia however the western media and public are typically more united in it's condemnation and we only see the evidence that supports the opinions of the media or person reporting the story.

5) My point is that arguing intent is a waste of time.

1) You can review the UN reports detailing abuses. Or you can review reports made by various human rights groups. You could find some reporters who've been inside. You could go on Youtube and find some vids, there are plenty now I'm sure. Or you can take my word for it, whatever floats your boat. The point is not to play devil's advocate here, or whatever it is you're doing.


2) Yeah, I can. It's been done before. This isn't a new concept. If I help a murderer by providing money and a way for him to kill unpunished, others might take up issue with that. If you want to question the extent of Russia's help to Al Assad, please go ahead and read like one generic news article on the matter. I don't care about your failure to comprehend a 40-year old regime's connection to soviet/federation Russia and their ability to commit human rights abuses.

3) "But all the other kids were doing it!" hardly seemed like a valid excuse in primary school, so let's not apply it to intl. politics.

4) I don't care if you think I'm biased. I don't care if western media is biased. I really don't give a shit. I fail to see why you're trying to educate me on media bias and the truth about the Assad regime's crimes.

5) My point is that I really, really don't give a flying **** about this argument. The killings were purposeful. Russia knows this. Most countries know this. I don't give a shit whether discussing their perpetrator's intent is a waste of time. Most courts seem to think it's not a waste of time, so I don't know, maybe an accident isn't much the same as a purposeful crime?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.

Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 : 03-09-2014 at 08:56 PM.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.