Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Big bang theory

So Far Away Avenged Sevenfolds c4c

Last edited by Big bang theory : 03-08-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:08 AM   #2
b3guitar

Hello!

I've just watched your cover and I have to say that it is really good. I would like to divide my feedback into two parts, namely:
1) Playing
2) Vocals

1) You've played (and recorded) it outstandingly well. Really, I do not know what to say more about it. Your acoustic guitar sounds very well, it is clean, ringing, 'wide' etc. It is clear that you know how to record it properly. As regards your electric guitar part - beast. You feel what you are playing and you paid a lot of attention to the backing track's harmony (construction) when improvising so - great job. The only thing that caught my attention were the bends somewhere near the 4:30 , the seem a little bit out of scale. Otherwise - flawless (just a minor issue).
2) Singing - The song is demanding as each and every song by M. Shadows. The vocal parts are really difficult and the plethora of vocal techniques is basically amazing. Of course, either you have a good 'voice' for singing such stuff or not, but I have to say that you've managed to pull it off. I know that it wasn't perfect, but I understand that singing something by Shadows requires a lot of exercising and patience so - good work.
I hope that you like my feedback. If you are interested in watching my stuff go here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1636120
Thank you

P.S. Lovely cover! Keep on recording (you really know how to record!!!) I'm waiting for more!

Kind Regards
b3guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
eXperiment63

The guitar was great. With the vocals, it seems like you're a throat singer. There was no power or dynamics, it was just like you were speaking. Try adding in your diaphragm while singing, it will drastically change the way you sound.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1635308
eXperiment63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
Big bang theory

Yeah I dig this song more for the guitar parts and stuff, I just can't sing this song well don't know why, I do use my diaphragm, I dunno if I was just off that day, but I actually re did the vocals three times and wasn't happy with any of the takes, but whatevs. Thanks for checking it out any way I left a comment on your video
Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
eXperiment63

Just went and watched some of your other videos. How much compression do you put on your recorded vocals? Just curious. Your live stuff seems to pop more on the vocal front.
eXperiment63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
Big bang theory

Probably a good amount!!! I just use a preset Vocal compression and adjust it to fit in the mix

Rate This Thread: