Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
fiReSpaRk K7

New Approval Queue

Wow, new approval queue needs some major improvement. Why is there no sorting function for type of tabs, not wanting to look pages and pages of every kind of tab. Please fix.
fiReSpaRk K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
fanapathy
B-Tuned

I think this was intentional to get people to (re)view more kinds of tabs, but I think it will backfire and actually cause fewer tabs to be reviewed.
Since tabbing categories are significantly different, i.e. a "chords" tabber often doesn't have guitar pro and a regular tabbers might have no idea about chord tabs.
The previous TPA format was better IMO, since it lets users filter out and review their "field of expertise". I think most people do this, browse through "their" category and look for songs they know and this is a bit messy now.
I do like the new sorting thing though if it's sorting old submissions in need of votes first - and that voting is no longer anonymous which prevents TPA abuse.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
shred_danson

Yeah, the new approval queue is god-awful. Hope it's fixed soon.
shred_danson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
sam b
Crystanbul

What the hell has happened to this?

I just went on it to see if one of my tabs got any votes cause it's been on there 5 days

Jesus christ my eyes, can't do shit on there now. Change it back. Change it back, please!
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Rikknen
Quite.
sam b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
DON CZARSKI

I am a tab moderator and I must say whoever is messing with this site is really starting to make it a mess... Leave the damn site alone...why change crap that isn't broken all the time..
I can't even see the entire tab that someone does on my ipad and if I go on my computer I can't even vote to accept or reject the tab...and being a tab moderator I think I should be able to continue to do that don't you.....like i said the person who did this needs to get a life and play guitar more.... Instead of trying to mess with websites and computers...
This is terrible
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
DON CZARSKI

By the way, please name the person that is doing these awful things to this site so that just like people get to vote to accept or reject a tab we can vote to accept or reject this person from this site permanently
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
Teh D Bot
UG Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
By the way, please name the person that is doing these awful things to this site so that just like people get to vote to accept or reject a tab we can vote to accept or reject this person from this site permanently

That's a bit rude don't you think? The developers are working hard to improve the AQ and other aspects of tabs. Being a "tab moderator" does not allow one to belittle the ones who gave them that role. If you have a complaint, it would be more in your favour to offer them constructive feedback and suggestions rather than insulting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
I can't even see the entire tab that someone does on my ipad and if I go on my computer I can't even vote to accept or reject the tab

This is the only useful feedback in your messages, so why cover it up with bs that does no one any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanapathy
The previous TPA format was better IMO, since it lets users filter out and review their "field of expertise". I think most people do this, browse through "their" category and look for songs they know and this is a bit messy now.

This has already been brought to the attention of the developers and has been changed, although now I can only see my preferential tab type

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiReSpaRk K7
Wow, new approval queue needs some major improvement. Why is there no sorting function for type of tabs, not wanting to look pages and pages of every kind of tab. Please fix.

This is an early version release and improvements are still being made. To my knowledge it should show your preferential artists, based on your current tabs, at the top of the list. but this pages of every kind of tab with no sorting option has been addressed.
Teh D Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #8
xxxxChrisTxxxx

Realize it's a work in progress so will give it a chance, it's certainly better now I'm only seeing preferential tabs.
I like that the other versions of the tab can be brought up next to the new one but I can't scroll them both to compare all of them.
Also, I used to look at the comments/corrections for the old tab as often the new one was nothing more than a copy of the old with the corrections used, can't see them with this new system.
xxxxChrisTxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:50 AM   #9
zappp
+ UG Master +

we will be implementing back personal filter and filter by tab type today. stay tuned
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
Ximich
UG Developer

Personal and type filter available in tab approval queue again.
Ximich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
sam b
Crystanbul

Where is the option to filter my "favourite bands" tabs?

Seriously, why was this changed? The old one was fine, and way better. Can't you leave the option somewhere to use the old one if you wish?
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Rikknen
Quite.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #12
Ximich
UG Developer

sam b, as you wish :-) Added filter by favorite band: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/cont...filter/favorite
Ximich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #13
sam b
Crystanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximich
sam b, as you wish :-) Added filter by favorite band: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/cont...filter/favorite

I er.. don't think it's working

It's showing me Metallica, Ed Sheeran, Plain White T's, Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance. None of which are on my fav band list
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Rikknen
Quite.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #14
DM48

Is it just me or can you not simply have an alphabetical list by artist in the queue anymore either? It also seems to default to oldest tabs first, when I'd rather see the new ones first to check what's appeared since I last looked. The previous version was much simpler to navigate, so I'm not sure why these extra options weren't just added in rather than overhauling something that was fundamentally not broken to begin with. I'd rather have the old queue back.
DM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #15
xxxxChrisTxxxx

^^^^^not only does it default to oldest first there seems to be two lists in the one - take the tab list at the moment, it goes from 5 days down to 55minutes ago halfway down the page then changes to 6 days ago down to 1 hour ago at the bottom.

And, as sam b pointed out, my favourite band list doesn't contain any favourite bands either.
xxxxChrisTxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #16
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

When I clicked Favourite tabs, expecting to see some Stone Sour, Machine Head and Trivium tab in the queue to come up, Taylor Swift came up instead...

Quote:
Originally posted by Svelle
dude your like the tabbing-master... seriously!
slipknot836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
sam b
Crystanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM48
I'd rather have the old queue back.

Yep

!!!
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Rikknen
Quite.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #18
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Yeah, I prefered it when it was organized. It's not even sorted by most recently submitted anymore. It's kind of just jumbled up now.

Also, I feel I should mention that I always used to change the sorting. Whether it be by artist, name, or date. Visually, it looks fine (maybe a tad more spaced out than necessary), but really, the old TPA system was flawless.

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #19
the phish

Echoing previous sentiments: PLEASE sort it with most recently submitted tabs first. Having to go to the 8th page and scroll all the way down and then navigate backwards is incredible annoying to do.
the phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #20
emad
Rocker

I think "other version" shouldn't be a pop-up It's hard to compare, it would be better to open in new tab.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: