Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
 
Skullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winner's Bracket Semifinals
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by link no1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz-rock-feel
How damaging is it for a trans person to be referred to the incorrect gender as a child?
I don't see how it would be damaging. I got called C-dog for a number of years despite not being a dog. I turned out alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickel_w
PRS is not enough
Skullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #22
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene
 
BL1NDSIDE-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Face
Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Deep Purple, and more.


So I guess that makes you an authority on the use of Satanic Imagery in metal music then?

That is pretty entry level stuff man.

\m/RIP DIME\m/

Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J : 05-31-2014 at 11:24 AM.
BL1NDSIDE-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
If a person actually HAS Satanic belief then fine whatever, but it's a fad now. As with everything the impact and importance has been lost of watered down shock value for bands with the philosophical depth of a puddle of chunky vomit. Mainly by Deathcore kids and other equally ******ed modern metal fans.

Since Theistic Satanism is dumb, talking about Satan as a being in music is equally as dumb. You can talk about LeVay's principles without invoking a counter productive and hypocritical symbol.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 05-31-2014 at 11:21 AM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #24
Juice Face
Registered User
 
Juice Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL1NDSIDE-J
So I guess that makes you an authority on the use of Satanic Imagery in metal music then?

\m/RIP DIME\m/


And you are?
Juice Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #25
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
If we take Satan out of metal then we will have all this shitty prog nonsense going around. I would rather hail the Dark Lord than songs about how cute planets are.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #26
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
You list a ream of entry level, non-satanic bands. Blindside has a long history of listening to underground metal... hell you make even ME look "true".

There is no absolute authority on this (though if Steve was still about he'd probably claim it was him) but Blindside has easily more authority than you do.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #27
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
 
The Wildchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indonesia
It's part of a jewish conspiracy to take away the legitimacy of metal music as art

e.g. a band that employs Satanic imagery in their act will get identified as metal even if they don't actually play metal and instead play tricked out arena rock

__________________


Listening to Casus Luciferi
The phone rings
I pick up
A voice says "You will die from AIDS in seven days"
"Who is this?" I cry, panic taking hold and wavering my voice.

"Filthy Casual" the voice croaks back in return.

Last edited by The Wildchild : 05-31-2014 at 11:51 AM.
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #28
Juice Face
Registered User
 
Juice Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You list a ream of entry level, non-satanic bands. Blindside has a long history of listening to underground metal... hell you make even ME look "true".

There is no absolute authority on this (though if Steve was still about he'd probably claim it was him) but Blindside has easily more authority than you do.


Being a hipster doesn't give you validation or authority.
Juice Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #29
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
No but experience does. He simply has more experience of the genre than you. Nothing to do with liking obscure music at all.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #30
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene
 
BL1NDSIDE-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You list a ream of entry level, non-satanic bands. Blindside has a long history of listening to underground metal... hell you make even ME look "true".

There is no absolute authority on this (though if Steve was still about he'd probably claim it was him) but Blindside has easily more authority than you do.


Guess im a false now




Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wildchild
It's a jewish conspiracy to take away the legitimacy of metal music as art


Agreed!
BL1NDSIDE-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #31
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
what metal band's songs still feature satan as a prominent character? lyrics have become more subtle about it, i think.

and plenty of bands actually have moved on from mentioning satan or anything he represents at all...you're certainly not the first to see the paradox of wanting to stay away from all norms by creating a new norm.

maybe i'm not being fair because when i do see an overtly satanic band like Watain, i tend to dismiss their lyrics as cheesy and so i'm not "counting" them because who cares about Watain lyrics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!

Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE : 05-31-2014 at 11:33 AM.
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #32
Juice Face
Registered User
 
Juice Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
No but experience does. He simply has more experience of the genre than you. Nothing to do with liking obscure music at all.


Music isn't a competition to gain "experience" in. It's for the sake of enjoyment. You listen to what you like, just because something you like is popular, or obscure, that doesn't mean anything, really.
Juice Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL1NDSIDE-J
Guess im a false now


Yeah my sentence structure was a little off I feel.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #34
Sakke
Miika Tenkula Fanboy
 
Sakke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salo
"Oh I'm so true metal I listen to these underground bands. You listen to entry-level bands so your argument is invalid" That's what you make yourself sound like.

Dear lord, why have you forsaken me?
I listened to all kinds of stuff
From Dimmu Borgir, Carcass, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy and Arch Enemy
I guess that's considered entry-level metal cause these bands are easy to find and are/were on recognizable labels and had enough fame to make them easy to find.
__________________
This is my siggy
Sakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #35
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakke
I guess that's considered entry-level metal cause these bands are easy to find and are/were on recognizable labels and had enough fame to make them easy to find.


Yes.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #36
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
 
The Wildchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indonesia
Though one could argue that one first has to be metal in order to be considered entry-level metal, which may not apply to all of the bands listed
__________________


Listening to Casus Luciferi
The phone rings
I pick up
A voice says "You will die from AIDS in seven days"
"Who is this?" I cry, panic taking hold and wavering my voice.

"Filthy Casual" the voice croaks back in return.
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #37
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Face
Music isn't a competition to gain "experience" in. It's for the sake of enjoyment. You listen to what you like, just because something you like is popular, or obscure, that doesn't mean anything, really.


I never said it was. I'm just saying that you're experience of satanic and underground metal is limited compared to other peoples on this forum, meaning that you know less about those things.

If you don't like those bands that's cool. I'm not saying you're any less of a metal fan for not liking somethings and liking others. Not saying that at all. Just saying that, on this subject, you have a rather limited pool of information to draw on. It'd be liking writing an essay on classical Gothic horror having only read Frankenstein.


And I like Pop Punk, hardcore and Djent... I am hardly true.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #38
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Arch Enemy and Dimmu?
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #39
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene
 
BL1NDSIDE-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakke
I listened to all kinds of stuff
From Dimmu Borgir, Carcass, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy and Arch Enemy
I guess that's considered entry-level metal cause these bands are easy to find and are/were on recognizable labels and had enough fame to make them easy to find.


Exactly...for ****s sake who are you people? It's like I turned the lights on in a roach infested apartment. Scurry little roaches.
BL1NDSIDE-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #40
Juice Face
Registered User
 
Juice Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I never said it was. I'm just saying that you're experience of satanic and underground metal is limited compared to other peoples on this forum, meaning that you know less about those things.

If you don't like those bands that's cool. I'm not saying you're any less of a metal fan for not liking somethings and liking others. Not saying that at all. Just saying that, on this subject, you have a rather limited pool of information to draw on. It'd be liking writing an essay on classical Gothic horror having only read Frankenstein.


And I like Pop Punk, hardcore and Djent... I am hardly true.


If one surrounds themselves in an environment full of satanic type metal, that's what they're gonna get, that is why I don't see satanic music as some rampant force that metal needs to transcend.
Juice Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.