User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #61
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgFripp74

It's like the people who think all rap lyrics are about drugs and gang shootings, it's an incorrect stereotype.

It's either about that or some "hood rat" trying to spread her Aids infestation at the club.
Aren't stereotypes fun? I admit though I over generalized a bit but like I said before if you take it into context of the forum regulars it makes sense. I had no idea all these people I've never seen post here would come out of the wood work.
BL1NDSIDE-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #62
romencer17
UG God

jesus christ the metal forum makes me cringe so hard now. is there only petty bickering and embarrassing tough guy personas left? was it always like this? was i also like this?

Sumdeus
romencer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #63
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene

You've transcended us brother, thanks for lowering your standards enough to come visit us once in awhile though.

Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J : 05-31-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #64
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL1NDSIDE-J
It's either about that or some "hood rat" trying to spread her Aids infestation at the club.
Aren't stereotypes fun? I admit though I over generalized a bit but like I said before if you take it into context of the forum regulars it makes sense. I had no idea all these people I've never seen post here would come out of the wood work.

This is not a shot at you blindside so please don't take it as such, but I generally despise the metal forum and general discussion on metal because of the fanboy arguments and the ignorant fans who have genre debates and flame other poeple for liking this band or this sub-genre. That's why I stay away from the metal forum, I stick to the pit because discussion in there is all taken lightly but there can be reasoned discussion, not just flame war bollocks like the metal forum.

Altho Sam has been on my case a bit lately, honestly sam I'm sorry if I've upset you, if you ever want to talk man, you know I'm here for you, I'll help you get through whatever it is that's been getting your vagina so inflamed lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
ProgFripp74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #65
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!

why are you here then

Listening to Casus Luciferi
The phone rings
I pick up
A voice says "You will die from AIDS in seven days"
"Who is this?" I cry, panic taking hold and wavering my voice.

"Filthy Casual" the voice croaks back in return.
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #66
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

I hate this planet.

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #67
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
This is not a shot at you blindside so please don't take it as such, but I generally despise the metal forum and general discussion on metal because of the fanboy arguments and the ignorant fans who have genre debates and flame other poeple for liking this band or this sub-genre. That's why I stay away from the metal forum, I stick to the pit because discussion in there is all taken lightly but there can be reasoned discussion, not just flame war bollocks like the metal forum.

severed-metal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #68
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by romencer17
jesus christ the metal forum makes me cringe so hard now. is there only petty bickering and embarrassing tough guy personas left? was it always like this? was i also like this?

1v1 me
Old 05-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #69
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro

Severed-metal, your username, your avatar and your tagline really just destroy any argument you even try to make.

Also by posting that video you've basically summed up the type of people who post in the metal forum, thank you for extending my point further by being an example, you really are helping me out here

Quote:

Quote:

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Old 05-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #70
the_bi99man

It did. Decades ago. If you still think that all metal is "Satanist", you're either stupid as hell, or you don't actually listen to very much metal.
the_bi99man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #71
progbass
UG Resident

Freedom of speech
FOR THE DUMB FOR THE DUMB
Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #72
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:

Severed-metal, your username, your avatar and your tagline really just destroy any argument you even try to make.

djent maestro

EDIT: For the record, ProgFripp74 (cute name), you're not as smart as you think you are.

Last edited by severed-metal : 05-31-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #73
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bi99man
It did. Decades ago. If you still think that all metal is "Satanist", you're either stupid as hell, or you don't actually listen to very much metal.

Values ingrained metal from its conception just vanished a decade ago? Not quite. Bands still persist with the Satan tag because it's what the older bands did, most bands who claim to nature have written a diddy about Satan. As long as the stereotype still persists in metal today, then metal has not gotten over Satanism.

Here

Here
Old 05-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #74
Ironic Maiden
Prurient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL1NDSIDE-J
haha I'm not seeing you trying to generate anything of merit **** stick. Also if you didn't notice people are actually talking about something beside their dicks.

Probably because when I don't have anything of value to contribute I just don't make threads. I'd rather contribute nothing than contribute liquid shit
Ironic Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #75
the_bi99man

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
Values ingrained metal from its conception just vanished a decade ago? Not quite. Bands still persist with the Satan tag because it's what the older bands did, most bands who claim to nature have written a diddy about Satan. As long as the stereotype still persists in metal today, then metal has not gotten over Satanism.

Here

Here

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of metal bands who don't have anything even remotely satanic in their imagery or lyrics, and never have. Point invalid. If you think metal hasn't gotten of Satanism, it's because you deliberately go out of your way to only listen to Satanic metal, which is not the only metal there is, and in fact isn't even the majority any more.

People who automatically think "satan" when they think "metal" are idiots. Either that or they actually don't have a clue what they're talking about. Which makes them idiots. Period.

Edit: Re-reading your post, I took note of the last sentence. "As long as the stereotype persists..."? No. The persistence of the stereotype does not mean that the genre of metal hasn't gotten over satan. It means that people who don't listen to or understand metal haven't gotten over the stereotype.

Last edited by the_bi99man : 05-31-2014 at 05:58 PM.
the_bi99man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #76
BL1NDSIDE-J
Fvck the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic Maiden
Probably because when I don't have anything of value to contribute I just don't make threads. I'd rather contribute nothing than contribute liquid shit

Then quit talking ass lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bi99man
There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of shit poser wannabe metal bands who don't have anything even remotely satanic in their imagery or lyrics, and never have.

fixed

Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J : 05-31-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #77
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!

will metal ever move past boring music like iron bonehead's roster

Listening to Casus Luciferi
The phone rings
I pick up
A voice says "You will die from AIDS in seven days"
"Who is this?" I cry, panic taking hold and wavering my voice.

"Filthy Casual" the voice croaks back in return.
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #78
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Yeah sure you win.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #79
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
djent maestro

EDIT: For the record, ProgFripp74 (cute name), you're not as smart as you think you are.

ProgFripp74 isn't my name, it's my UG username

As a username I'd hardly say it's bad, I definitely wouldn't call it cute, it's fairly standard I'd say, nothing offensive about it. As for my tagline, I'm not ashamed of liking djent, it's not like it's core or anything.

And I don't believe I ever proclaimed to be smart, you were just having a shot at me for no reason but then I saw your username and what you posted and it was fairly easy to take one back at you

Quote:

Quote:

Old 05-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #80
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Ok.

Rate This Thread: